Returner accommodation

If you've enjoyed living in our residences during your first year at University you could return to a residence for your second year too. This applies to all students planning to return to study at Bristol for a full year, including those who have suspended their studies.

Which residences are available and how much do they cost?

All undergraduate residences except Hillside Woodside, 97 Woodland Road, St Michael's Hill, St Michael's Park and 121 Redland Road are available. There are a variety of room types available in both catered and self-catered residences. Unfortunately we can't always guarantee you will be able to remain in the same residence or room from year to year. Rents for 2018/19 will be published in May 2018.

How to apply

The first round of applications for returner accommodation for the 2018/19 academic year are now closed. A second round of applications will open on 23rd April 2018.

What happens next? 

If you applied in the first round and we are able to make you an offer of returned accommodation, you will receive yor offer in late February 2018. There will be a second round of returner accommodation offers in April 2018.   


International students currently undertaking a foundation program are guaranteed an offer of returner accommodation if you apply in the first round of applications.

Edit this page