Before you arrive
It is essential that we have your current, personal email address, please do not use your agent's email address. You may miss your accommodation offer if you cannot reply to your offer email straight away.
Accommodation application process
Apply for accommodation once you have firmly accepted your offer of a place study at Bristol. You can apply for accommodation if you have a conditional or an unconditional offer.
Applications open on 3 May 2018. We guarantee you an offer of accommodation if you apply by the guarantee deadline of 30 June 2018 and you meet the conditions of the accommodation guarantee.
If you apply after the guarantee date we can't guarantee you an offer of accommodation, but if places are available we will tell you. We realise it isn't easy to find privately rented accommodation when living outside the UK, so priority will be given to international applicants in this situation.
How offers are made
- We make the offer by email. We'll email your offer to you in June.
- Offer emails are sent to your personal email address (or the email address you gave on the application form).
- Your offer will include the residence and room type. It may not include the room number at this stage.
Accepting your accommodation offer
You have up to seven days to accept your offer and pay your reservation fee or deposit. Your offer will be cancelled if we have not heard from you within the seven day period.
You'll need a credit card to pay a reservation fee or deposit. If you don't have a credit card (or a debit card with a 3 digit security code on the back), we recommend you apply for one at the same time as you apply for your accommodation. This means you can accept your offer without delay.
We'll email you arrival information after you have accepted your offer.
Please note the following:
- It is not possible for you to move into your University-managed accommodation before the moving-in date.
- Check the dates on your accommodation contract carefully so you know when your tenancy starts and ends.
- You will receive your room number shortly before the start of term.
Students attending the 34 week and 22 week pre-sessional courses for non-offer holders can apply for accommodation from this website. Details will be available here.
Help and support
There are people in your residence who can give you advice and support. If you have have a problem with your accommodation after you arrive, you can speak to a Warden or a Senior Resident.
Agents acting on behalf of postgraduate students applying for accommodation at the University can download our guide for postgraduate agents (424KB).
Change of plans
Contact us immediately with any changes in your plans. Always include your name and student number in the email. We need to know if:
- you decide to look for private accommodation
- your partner or family will (or will not) join you in Bristol
- you decide not to attend the University of Bristol
- your start date at university changes.