Single-sex accommodation

The University offers single-sex accommodation in a number of its residences. Sometimes students in a residence will be housed in single-sex flats or in rooms on single-sex corridors. 

Please read the information we have provided about the undergraduate residences or postgraduate residences very carefully before applying. You should also be aware of the following information:

  • Over 90% of students applying for single-sex accommodation are international, therefore most of our single-sex flats will consist entirely of international students.
  • Students living in single-sex accommodation can have visitors or guests of the opposite gender in their accommodation.
  • University staff or contractors of either gender may enter the accommodation from time to time; you will be given notice of this in advance.

How to apply

You can apply for single-sex accommodation by selecting the single-sex option when you complete the online application form. Please note: we cannot guarantee an offer of single-sex accommodation to all applicants.

Selecting the single-sex option will slightly limit the range of residences you can apply for. 

Edit this page