The Faculty of Arts hosts six Faculty Research Centres, which exist as hubs for innovative research that crosses disciplines.
- Centre for Black Humanities
- Centre for Environmental Humanities
- Centre for Health, Humanities and Science
- Centre for Material Texts
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Science and Philosophy
These centres nurture and promote individual and collective research excellence from across the Faculty of Arts. They reflect a research environment in a faculty where interdisciplinary collaboration flourishes. The centres also encourage ongoing conversations with the public, engaging new audiences with our research activities and helping us shape emerging ideas.
Through these centres, we are looking beyond what has historically characterised the arts, in order to redefine what we think of as the arts.
Faculty of Arts Research Centres complement the research activity undertaken by the University through its research institutes.