Liberal Arts course units
Find out more about units available in the Liberal Arts course.
These units represent a sample of the range of units we offer on our courses, to give you a flavour of what it's like to study at Bristol. Please note, this list is not comprehensive, and we do change our units from time to time.
- Ideas and Society
- Experiencing the Aesthetic
- All students must take a numeracy unit and a language unit during the first two years of the programme. Students will normally take one of these in first year and the other in second year, but it may be possible to take both in the first year, depending on which pathway(s) are followed in first year.
- Two or three units from subject pathways - students may opt to follow up to two pathways before deciding on a single pathway at the end of Year 1.
- Critical Writing in the Humanities
- Reading the Past
- Two or three units from chosen subject pathway
- One or two further options in subjects across the Faculty of Arts (may include one open unit from another faculty)
- All students must take a numeracy unit and a language unit during the first two years of the programme. Students will normally take one of these in first year and the other in second year, but some students may take both in second year if their choice of pathways does not allow sufficient space in the timetable to accommodate either in first year.
- One or more units in subject pathway unit
- The Public Role of the Humanities
- Further options in subjects from across the Faculty of Arts