University people profiler
Go to the People Profiler, find your page, and click Edit this profile (click link with middle mouse button to open in new tab)
- biology profile (3 sections/steps)
- your files & images (upload pictures and choose your portrait)
- groups (choose research group and lab)
- publications (automatically pulled in from the University's IRIS database, which you can update yourself)
To add images, first upload them in your files & images, then go to your biology profile and click the Insert/edit image button. See Notes, below, for tips on resizing pictures.
You can also edit your page directly by clicking this link.
See Andy Radford's page for an example of a completed profile.
When the system is launched, your existing personal page web addresses will automatically redirect to your new page.
Portrait photos are automatically resized to 220 pixels wide. You may need to shrink or crop other images with Serif PhotoPlus:
- Use the crop tool to slice away chunks of your image (optional).
- Then go to Image, Image Size to shrink it. Leave Maintain aspect ratio ticked. Change Resampling method to Lanczos3 Window for maximum quality. 200-250 pixels is a good target.
- Finally, save your image as a JPG by clicking File, Export Optimizer. You can reduce the file size by lowering the quality. 100 KB is a good target.