- Chinese graduates celebrate at the University’s first Shanghai Graduation 14 April 2018 The University of Bristol’s most recent graduates were given the opportunity to celebrate with family and friends at a UK-style Graduation Celebration in Shanghai today (14 April).
- Success at the Neurosciences Festival 2018 28 March 2018 Staff from the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences joined with numerous other colleagues and charities to promote neuroscience to visiting schools and the public.
- World class PhD training for exceptional medical, veterinary and dental graduates 23 March 2018 Schools within the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences are part of an alliance with the Wellcome Trust funded GW4 Clinical Academic Training (CAT) programme, giving exceptional early career medical, veterinary and dental graduates the chance to undertake interdisciplinary world class PhD training.
- Professor David Stephens' appointment to the prestigious BBSRC 23 March 2018 Professor David Stephens’ appointment to the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) under UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
- Academic roadshow 2018 15 March 2018 Faculty of Biomedical Sciences takes part in the academic roadshow 2018
- Behind the Science of Bioprinting 19 January 2018 3D Bioprinting is still relatively new, but what does the future hold?
- Success at the Biomedical and Health Sciences Industry Day 12 January 2018 Eighty attendees participated in the Biomedical and Health Sciences Industry Day event – held at the Watershed, Bristol, 29 November 2017.
- Bristol appoints Professor Tavaré to lead new Faculty of Life Sciences 4 January 2018 Professor Jeremy Tavaré will take up the role of Dean when the University of Bristol’s new Faculty of Life Sciences is officially launched on 1 August this year.
- Bacteria breakthrough marks new era in cellular design and biofuel production 13 December 2017 Scientists at the universities of Kent and Bristol have built a miniature scaffold inside bacteria that can be used to bolster cellular productivity, with implications for the next generation of biofuel production.
- CMM Researchers along with international team to discover how cells rebuild after division 5 December 2017 Dr Abderrahmane Kaidi (MRC New Investigator and Senior Lecturer) and Alice Sherrard (PhD student) published their latest research paper in Nature Cell Biology, which reveals how cells rebuild their nucleus and organise their genome when they divide, this discovery could have major implications for understanding cancer and degeneration.
Biomedical Sciences news from the University
Press releases relating to Biomedical Sciences appear on the University's central news pages.
Bristol Neuroscience Festival
22-24 March 2018
Bristol Neuroscience Festival is a celebration of all things related to neuroscience and comprises interactive exhibitions, talks, experiments and hands-on activities for all ages. Learn about the evolution of the brain, play brain games and explore our ‘brain art’ exhibition. You can also meet neuroscience students, clinicians and local organisations to learn more about the brain.