Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.13: 24 October 2017 16 November 2017 The thirteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 24 October 2017.
- Alcohol Research UK - Grants programme – April 2017 to March 2018 30 November 2017 Alcohol Research UK is dedicated to supporting new research in the alcohol field. Over the last 30 years, we have awarded £24 million in funding to over 900 projects, many of which have made a significant contribution to the evidence base in this area.
- Wellcome Trust 4-year PhD Programme in Molecular, Genetic and Lifecourse Epidemiology (MGLE) 17 November 2017 Applications are invited from November 2017 for studentships starting in October 2018.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.13: 24 October 2017 16 November 2017 The thirteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 24 October 2017.
- Rosetrees Interdisciplinary Prize 2018 9 November 2017 Rosetrees Interdisciplinary Prize 2018 to stimulate collaborative research between Medicine and either Chemistry or Physics
- Why you shouldn't believe what you read in medical journals 3 November 2017 A seminar by Fiona Godlee, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal (The BMJ) at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, 1 November 2017.
- Opportunity for PhD and postdoctoral researchers 20 October 2017 Are you a PhD student or a Postdoc looking for meaningful, paid teaching experience?
- Fun Palaces Bristol 2017 18 October 2017 Elizabeth Blackwell Institute hosts Bristol's Fun Palaces Ambassador to catalyse health-inspired Fun Palace events with researchers and local residents in collaboration with Bristol Green Capital Partnership's Healthy City Week and community partners. Fun Palaces take place during the first weekend of October as part of a global campaign where ‘everyone is an artist, everyone a scientist’. We are looking for researchers to get involved in 2018’s campaign – get in touch to find out more!
- Genomics and genome editing in the NHS 18 September 2017 The Houses of Commons Science and Technology Committee has relaunched its inquiry into genomics and genome editing, and is now taking written submissions.
- Fun Palaces Bristol 13 September 2017 From the 7th - 14th October 2017 Bristol will host a number of community-led Fun Palace events, exploring the health of people and city through science and art. The events will be part of Bristol Green Capital Partnership’s Healthy City Week programme – exploring wellbeing that doesn’t cost the earth - and the global Fun Palaces campaign - where everyone is an artist, everyone a scientist.
- €1.5m award will investigate how mother’s mental health and personality affect child’s mental health 8 September 2017 How a mother’s mental health and personality affects her child’s mental health will be investigated by University of Bristol researchers who have been awarded €1.5million from the European Research Council.