News and Comment
Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.18: 31 January 2019 31 January 2019 The 18th edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 31 January 2019.
- The West of England AHSN Evidence into Practice Challenge 2019/20 21 March 2019 The West of England Academic Health Science Network (WEAHSN) have embarked on an exciting programme of work to support the development, spread, and adoption of new innovations or improvements that will deliver better quality healthcare outcomes for patients, whilst providing better value for money for commissioners across the region.
- Balance for Better - achieving true equality 21 March 2019 Fiona McPhail, Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Diversity & Inclusion Champion reflects on International Women’s Day and gives her thoughts on what it will take to achieve true equality, diversity and inclusion in University research communities.
- Sensing a new era in mind/body research 13 March 2019 On 31 January 2019, just before a heavy snow fall forced the University to close, a group of 40 researchers (from disciplines such as literary studies, philosophy, history, and medicine) and practitioners (including play workers, artists, and musicians) met at the charming Clifton Hill House for the initial event of the newly established Senses Cluster. Dr Cleo Hanaway-Oakley, who leads this research, and workshop participant, Imola Nagy-Seres, PhD student at the University of Exeter, reflect on a new era in mind/body research following this sensory event.
- GW4 Clinical Academic Training Programme open for applications 6 February 2019 The GW4 Clinical Academic Training (GW4-CAT) Programme in Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter for Medical, Veterinary and Dental Graduates is open for applications.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.18: 31 January 2019 31 January 2019 The 18th edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 31 January 2019.
- High Performance Computing support for researchers 30 January 2019 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute, through its Wellcome Trust ISSF Award, is delighted to support a new post to provide High-Performance Computing (HPC) support for research groups in health and biomedical research at the University of Bristol.
- World Cancer Day - celebrating cancer research at Bristol 29 January 2019 This World Cancer Day we are highlighting the work of Bristol Cancer Network at the University of Bristol, a multidisciplinary research community dedicated to finding new breakthroughs against cancer.
- Further funding to advance health research at Bristol 29 January 2019 Elizabeth Blackwell Institute nurtures research to improve health for all. We're proud to share the recent funding successes of some of our awardees who have gone on to secure further for their research projects in three very different areas: fertility treatment, domestic violence support and Osteoporosis.
- Celebrating Elizabeth Blackwell, first female doctor in America 29 January 2019 In January 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman to be awarded a medical degree in the United States. Her vision to achieve good health for all epitomises what the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute is striving to achieve today. This January we are celebrating our namesake's pioneering spirit.
- Vice-Chancellor's Fellowship in Young People's Mental Health 22 January 2019 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute’s Vice Chancellor’s Fellowship is a special award for future leaders in research into young people’s mental health.