Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.14: 12 February 2018 12 February 2018 The fourteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 12 February 2018.
- New plaque unveiled to commemorate the work of Elizabeth Blackwell 7 June 2018 A new plaque has been unveiled in New York to honour Elizabeth Blackwell, one of Bristol's most influential daughters and the first female doctor in America.
- Master of Laws in Health, Law and Society 22 May 2018 If you are interested in the relationships between health and law, and want a degree that gives you diverse career opportunities, then the University of Bristol Law School’s LLM in Health, Law, and Society provides the answer.
- Bristol researcher wins large MRC grant 3 May 2018 Professor John Macleod, Joint Head of Centre for Academic Primary Care at Bristol Medical School, has received £1.5 million as part of a large grant from the Medical Research Council (MRC). The award follows a study by Professor Macleod and his team Department of Population Health Sciences funded by the University's Elizabeth Blackwell Institute for Health Research under its Catalyst Fund programme.
- EBI funded project awarded further funds to continue prehabilitation work for cancer patients 10 April 2018 Thanks to initial funding from University of Bristol’s Elizabeth Blackwell Institute we are now close to seeing some real impact from a prehabilitation intervention for cancer patients undergoing major surgery. The project, which aims to identify interventions that improve post-operative recovery, has been awarded further funding to take forward this important research.
- New innovation funding to help people live longer, better, healthier lives 15 March 2018 £300 million from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund will provide opportunities for researchers and businesses to work together to support the UK’s ageing population.
- New scheme launched to tackle antimicrobial resistance 13 March 2018 The Academy of Medical Sciences is inviting applications for the first round of the Hamied Foundation UK-India Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Visiting Professorship scheme. The programme will seek to facilitate a long-term collaboration between the most talented researchers in the field of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the UK and India.
- Funding competition - Health and life sciences 13 March 2018 The government’s Innovation and Funding Service has announced a funding competition for a share of up to £19 million to develop innovations in health and life sciences or emerging and enabling technologies. The fund is open to UK-based businesses, academics, charity, public sector organisations or research and technology organisations.
- Global Health with Justice Symposium 9 March 2018 24 April 2018, 9.30 AM - 5.00 PM University of Bristol Law School, Lady Hale Moot Court, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HH
- Wellcome Trust to review its open access policy 8 March 2018 Wellcome Trust are going to do the first full review of their open access policy.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.14: 12 February 2018 12 February 2018 The fourteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 12 February 2018.