Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.14: 12 February 2018 12 February 2018 The fourteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 12 February 2018.
- New scheme launched to tackle antimicrobial resistance 13 March 2018 The Academy of Medical Sciences is inviting applications for the first round of the Hamied Foundation UK-India Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Visiting Professorship scheme. The programme will seek to facilitate a long-term collaboration between the most talented researchers in the field of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the UK and India.
- Funding competition - Health and life sciences 13 March 2018 The government’s Innovation and Funding Service has announced a funding competition for a share of up to £19 million to develop innovations in health and life sciences or emerging and enabling technologies. The fund is open to UK-based businesses, academics, charity, public sector organisations or research and technology organisations.
- Global Health with Justice Symposium 9 March 2018 24 April 2018, 9.30 AM - 5.00 PM University of Bristol Law School, Lady Hale Moot Court, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HH
- Wellcome Trust to review its open access policy 8 March 2018 Wellcome Trust are going to do the first full review of their open access policy.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.14: 12 February 2018 12 February 2018 The fourteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 12 February 2018.
- A competition for transformative ideas tackling global challenges 5 February 2018 Primera Impact is an investment competition for start-ups tackling challenging problems in healthcare.
- Call for GW4 Building Communities programme now open 5 February 2018 The GW4 Building Communities programme is designed to build new, high-quality GW4 research communities or help existing collaborations to build on their work and secure long term sustainable funding.
- Maximising the value of research outputs: Wellcome’s approach 2 February 2018 In July 2017, the Wellcome Trust updated their policy on the management and sharing of research outputs. This policy helps deliver Wellcome’s mission – to improve health for everyone by enabling great ideas to thrive.
- GW4 Doctoral Student Training Scheme: deadline 4 Feb 2018 29 January 2018 Thinking of applying for the GW4 Doctoral Student Training Scheme, through which you can bid for up to £2,000 to fund discipline-specific training? Deadline for applications is 4 February 2018!
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Advisor on Business Development 22 January 2018 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute for Health Research (EBI) welcomed Dr Richard Seabrook MBA, as its Advisor on Business Development.