The Science of Risk - Lloyd’s Research Prize
24 July 2012
Lloyd's Science of Risk Prize 2012 is now open. Closing date for entries is 28 September 2012.
Lloyd’s has a 300 year history of managing risks and we recognise the essential value of research and new ideas. They are looking for the very best research from academics in the UK, incentivised by a range of prizes for winning entrants.
- climate change
- natural hazards
- Prizes of £5,000 for the best research paper in each category.
- A prize of £1,000 for best runner-up in each category.
- An awards dinner in Lloyd’s historic Adam Room will be held for the category winners and runners up.
- The winners are expected to present their work at a conference at Lloyd’s prior to the awards dinner. All entrants including shortlisted entrants are also encouraged to show their work on A1 portrait posters which will be shown at the event.
- Attendance at the dinner and conference is expected for all those receiving monetary prizes.
- We are keen to receive entries from researchers at every level in their career. So our competition is open to PhD students as well as qualified Post Doctoral research staff.
- You must be either working in a university department or at a government (owned or part-funded) research organisation.
For more information about the prize and to enter, please visit the official website www.lloyds.com/scienceofrisk