Careers Adviser Appointment
Longer [45-minute] discussions, based on a Careers Adviser referral following a 15-minute appointment, are an opportunity to discuss your career plans and options in depth as well as other careers related issues. Due to limited availability of the sessions, you may only attend one per term. Careers appointments are confidential.
Topics for discussion may include:
- Options using your degree
- The suitability of particular occupations
- Further study and funding issues
- How to present yourself effectively to employers
How to Prepare for a Careers Appointment
- Think in advance what you hope to gain from the session and how this could be acheived in the time available.
- Check the information on this website via the left hand menu, our list of frequently asked topics and the Careers Doctor. The more prepared you are before you come along to an appointment, the more efficient use you can make of the time available.
- Write down some of your thoughts and bring them to the session. These may include reflections on your strengths, values and interests as well as your future considerations.