Follow the links below to practice various types of selection tests.
- Prospects interview tests and exercises page has a range of online tests and self assessment exercises to help students and graduates make the right career decision.
- Free practice tests, compiled by Mark Parkinson - including verbal, numerical, personality, Civil Service, business case studies. Parkinson is a Chartered Business Psychologist.
- PreVisor practice tests - examples of verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning tests used by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) amongst other employers.
- Psychometric tests by Mike Bryon including a sample verbal reasoning test and a sample numerical reasoning test.
- SHL Direct - practice aptitude tests, covering verbal, numerical and diagrammatic reasoning, with online feedback, as well as personality questionnaires and useful advice on assessment.
- Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal (WGCTA) sample questions, the intellectual property of Pearson, are available in the Careers Service, folder 2b.2, reproduced with permission. Law firm Hogan Lovells uses Pearson's WGCTA test as part of its selection processes.
- Institute of Psychometric Coaching - commercial site with some free practice tests and useful guidance about aptitude tests.
- Assessment Day - a small selection of sample tests: numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning, situational judgement and in-tray exercise.
- Civil Service Fast Stream sample e-tray exercise - available from their 'How do I apply?' section.
- Deloitte e-tray exercise - advice and examples.
Back to the Selection tests index page