What do Bristol graduates do?
The Careers Service collects information about Bristol graduates' destinations as part of the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) annual survey. All UK and EU first degree and higher degree graduates were surveyed approximately six months after they completed their course. You may also find the glossary of DLHE survey terms useful.
|Overall employment and study circumstances for the past three years||2010/11||2009/10||2008/09|
|Full-time paid work||51.4%||53.8%||50.0%|
|Part-time paid work||6.5%||6.1%||6.1%|
|Work and study||6.7%||5.2%||6.0%|
|Assumed to be unemployed||5.9%||5.5%||6.1%|
|Not available for employment*||3.5%||3.7%||4.8%|
* Not available for employment mostly means travelling for Bristol graduates, but also includes permanently unable to work, temporarily sick, retired, or looking after the home.
What do Bristol Undergraduates do?
- What happened to those with My Degree? These pages provide undergraduate destinations for 2010/11 by subject, as well as links to destinations data from earlier years.
- DLHE Headlines provides an overview of those leaving the University with undergraduate degrees in 2010/11, including details of top employers, sectors and locations of employment.
- Be inspired by our Graduate Case Studies. Over 200 graduates reveal their experiences in the world of employment, as well as providing some great hints and tips for those currently job hunting.
- You may also be interested in gaining career insights and one-to-one careers support from our Bristol graduate Careers Network volunteers.
What do Bristol Postgraduates do?
- Information on those who completed postgraduate taught and research courses at the university in 2010/11.
- View over 75 postgraduate case studies.
Graduate Labour Market Information
- Options with your subject - National information published by Graduate Prospects including What is the average graduate starting salary?
- HECSU (Higher Education Careers Services Unit) - Information published includes the quarterly Graduate Market Trends and the annual What Do Graduates Do?
- Working in the South West - Regional information summarised by the Careers Service.