Careers Service mission statement: enabling students to make and implement informed choices about their future and realise their aspirations.
The Careers Service:
- introductory film
- is part of Student Services at the University of Bristol.
- abides by the University Student Services Confidentiality Policy (PDF, 80 KB).
- is a member of AGCAS (the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services).
- authored the University's Employability Statement, which is also available from the Unistats website.
The Careers Service, as part of University of Bristol Student Services, achieved the Investors in People standard on 27 May 2008. We were re-accredited in June 2011 for a further two years until 2013.
The Careers Service was presented with the Green Impact Bronze Plus Award on Thursday 19 May 2011 in recognition of its implementation of a number of practical actions that will help the environment.
If you require communication or access support, please contact the Careers Service.
What we offer
The Careers Service provides a wide range of services for University of Bristol students including the following core elements:
- Advice and guidance
- Destinations of Bristol graduates data
- Employability and skills development
- Help to find and gain a job
- Help to stay informed
- Work experience and internships
We also provide tailored advice and information for:
- Disabled students
- International students
- Prospective students
- Taught and research postgraduates
- University staff
Further details about what we offer:
- Careers Service Annual Report 2010/11 (PDF, 348 KB).
- Careers Service staff are experienced professionals and can help you locate information or other relevant services, if not immediately available.
- Our Statement of Service - Students (PDF, 119 KB) sets out our aims and student service provision. We have similar statements for Employers (PDF, 133 KB) and the University (PDF, 128 KB).
- Our Service to Bristol students is free of charge although deposits/small fees are made to cover the cost of materials. Deposits/fees are detailed on our website.
- Our advice and information is unbiased and free from discrimination. We adhere to the University Equality and Diversity policy.
- Our Service is confidential. We adhere to the University Data Protection guidelines and principles.
- We are participative and open. We continually assess our performance, both formally and informally and realign our services and resources to meet the changing needs of our clients. We welcome and encourage your feedback which can be emailed, submitted via the website form or given in person at the Careers Service.