Help to find & gain a job
Vacancies targeted at University of Bristol students, suggestions for alternative job sources and information to help you get started in your job search.
Information about selection processes, such as application forms, assessment centres and interviews, and gaining work experience, is also available, along with top tips for job hunting in a competitive market.
Vacancies targeted at University of Bristol students
- View all current vacancies advertised with the Careers Service
Or view by job list:
- Finalist - Jobs open to final year students
- Immediate - Graduate jobs with an imminent start
- Term-time - Local jobs to fit around your studies (max. 15hrs/wk)
- PhD - Employers targeting PhD students
- Placement - 6 or 12 month placements
- Vacation Work - Short-term jobs and internships during vacations
- UoB Internships - Local term-time and vacation work experience
How to stay informed
- Please note: the Jobs By Email alerting service will be suspended from Friday 16 November 2012.
Jobs By Email will re-emerge as part of a weekly mycareer 'newsletter' in January 2013. This newsletter will be 'smart' to the extent that news items in each student's and graduate's newsletter will be partly dependent on their 'My Preferences' settings - i.e. news about events, resources, vacancies will be tailored to an individual's interests. The 'Vacancies' module in mycareer also provides students and graduates with the ability to:
- 'Create a new vacancy search'
- 'Add [vacancies] to my favourites'
- Information about Employers - selected information about employers keen to recruit Bristol students distributed by the Careers Services on behalf of employers
Employers interested in Bristol students & graduates
- Careers Fairs at the University of Bristol
- Employer presentations - employers visiting Bristol
- Search our Employer Links database for employers who have recruited, or who have sought to recruit, Bristol students and graduates
- JobShop - working whilst studying
- Tax / National Insurance / National Minimum Wage
- View the part-time jobs from NASES
- Information about recruitment agencies
Tailored job hunting information
- Finalists - Information for final year students seeking graduate jobs, includes on-campus Careers Fairs and employer presentations
- Voluntary work - Finding voluntary opportunities
Advice & guidance
- Making applications - CVs, covering letters & application forms
- Assessment centres
- Graduate aptitude tests
- Making speculative applications - When and how to use this approach, including our guide to Creative job search & networking (PDF, 625 KB)
- Top Tips for Job Hunting in a Competitive Market
- How to research employers
Location, location, location - search for vacancies according to location
- Local - Finding work in the Bristol area
- Regional - Search for work by UK regions (includes South West)
- International - Finding international work
- Other vacancy sources - Web sites, publications…
Videos about job hunting including Best techniques for job hunting and How to research before your interview amongst other titles.