Jobhunting by UK region
Links to graduate employment websites for a number of UK regions.
- Gradsouthwest - graduate jobs, & advice on jobhunting in the South West. A service provided by HE institutions in the region.
- Unlocking Cornish Potential - matches graduates with Cornish companies.
- Jobs SW - browse, search and find local jobs in the South West.
- Working in the South West - Graduate Labour Market Information
- University of Exeter's South West region job information
- KentGrads - online directory of companies in Kent who employ graduates. This is not a list of current vacancies, but a resource to help students to find possible employers. Developed by the Careers Service at the University of Kent.
- Graduate Jobs South - partnership between University Careers Services of Southampton Solent, Southampton and Winchester (covering the 'South Central' area of the UK - Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Dorset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey and Sussex).
- Cambridge Network Recruitment Gateway - detailed information about current vacancies, company cultures and living and working in Cambridge
- GradsEast - works in partnership with the Association of Universities in the East of England, alongside all the HE providers in the region.
- Graduate Advantage - graduate jobs, placements, internships and employability training in the West Midlands.
- East Midlands Jobs - search for employers within the East Midlands.
- Looking for Jobs Locally leaflet - produced by the University of Nottingham Centre for Career Development.
- Graduates Yorkshire - graduate jobs throughout Yorkshire in partnership with the region's University Careers Services.
- Graduates for Business - graduate level positions in small to medium sized companies in the North East Region.
- Business Bridge North East - local government funded Knowledge Exchange Centre that provides students with relevent work experience.
- North West Graduate Employer Directory - part of the 'Mersey Workplace' website. Local companies who offer work placement & employment opportunities to students & graduates.
- Graduate Vacancy Partnership - partnership of 14 University Careers Services in the North West of England.
- University of Cumbria Jobs & Placements database - students and graduates can register to receive regular emails detailing paid placement and job opportunities in Cumbria.
- Go Wales - work placements, work experience, funding for training and an online database of jobs in Wales.
- Prosper Recruitment - recruitment consultancy based in Wales, working closely with Welsh universities.
- Scotland's Graduate Careers - the Scottish group of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS).
- Scottish Jobs Today - online job adverts in The Scotsman.
- Edinburgh - Survey of recruitment agencies - produced by Edinburgh University Careers Service.
- Jobs in Scotland - a variety of online Scottish Jobs.
- Job Journey Scotland - a range of jobs throughout Scotland.
Some other ideas
- Check the website of the relevant university careers service - many have online job lists.
- The Business Information section of the public Central Library on College Green has a comprehensive collection of employer directories, including Chamber of Commerce listings for various areas. Available in hard copy or, in some cases, in searchable electronic format.
- If you want vacation work, try the relevant university JobShop - some are part of the Careers Service, others are based with the Student Union.
- Search our job lists by keyword - University of Bristol Jobs listing. NB try a few different searches eg Birmingham or Midlands (we usually use the town or city name) but there may be no jobs in the area which interests you.
- Prospects Graduate job search is a good starting point. Jobs for graduates/final years - search by region or town. Prospects site also has information about work experience.