Information sources to help with choosing further study outside the UK
It is essential to plan well ahead as closing dates for course and funding applications are frequently at least a year in advance of the actual start dates.
- Postgraduate study and research - also available as a free booklet from the Careers Service. The best starting point.
- 'Work and study abroad' red files on separate countries at the Careers Service. Some include scholarship information
- Use our own list of work and study abroad websites.
- Prospects.ac.uk - 'Work and study abroad'. Links to many individual countries.
- Study Abroad (UNESCO). Reference book available at the Careers Service.
- New Scientist Study - includes details of courses and studentships abroad.
- MBA courses - Reference books at the Careers Service, listing courses worldwide.
- Student Finance Office - link to other sources includes funds for study abroad.
- Bristol is a member of the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN), which funds a period of study overseas for Bristol research students in Europe, North America, South East Asia and Australia.
- Study in the USA? Peterson's guide to postgraduate study in the USA; also very useful for the USA is material produced by the Fulbright Commission. See our USA pages for other useful websites.
- Study in Commonwealth countries? The Commonwealth Universities Yearbook is available in the Arts & Social Sciences library.
- International Awards (Association of Commonwealth Universities). Current edition available in the Queen's Branch of the University library.
- Grants Register. Covers grants for study worldwide. Current edition available in the Arts & Social Sciences library.
Back to Index