Resources for finding a career in the Middle East. See below for country specific information.
Sources of regional information
Information about Latin America and individual countries in the region.
- GoinGlobal - country profiles, employer directory and international job search.
- See our LibraryThing Catalogue for print and the Browse Resources tool for electronic resources.
- Financial Times international business insight for Middle East and Africa .
- British embassies in the Middle East could be a source of information. The Middle East countries' Embassy/Consultate/High Commission in the UK may have details of trade links, media sources, associations and professional bodies.
- The UK Trade & Investment government department may have details of links between the UK and other countries.
- AME Info - business and financial news in the Middle East, also includes a searchable business directory and country news.
Sources of vacancies
Places to find vacancies across the Middle East.
- The Careers Group London JobOnline - country specific vacancies can be found via the search bar.
- Search Asian and Middle East newspapers for job vacancies and current awareness.
- Bayt.com - job site for the Middle East.
- efinancialcareers.co.uk - job search by country .
- Oilcareers.com - can be searched by the country and sector.
- Jobs.ac.uk has vacancies in universities in the Middle East.
Sources of companies / company directories
Places to find companies with vacancies or to apply to speculatively.
- The Chambers of Commerce can offer potential leads of companies with vacancies or for applying to speculatively. The British Chambers of Commerce website lists chambers based in the UK and international chambers.
- The Middle East Association promotes trade and relations between the UK and the Middle East and Africa, offering networking opportunities with large and small businesses.
- Kompass Online Directory - a business to business directory, searchable by type of business and country/continent.
- Directory of Development Organisations - downloadable guides for many countries in the region.
- Legal500 - listings of law firms, including the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) section.
- Infobel has Middle Eastern telephone directories (including Yellow Pages) that could be searched by location and type of employer.
- MBendi - listings of companies and organisations in the Middle East, and information about economic growth and industries.
Institutions across the Middle East and ways to find them.
- International Association of Universities has a list of member institutions in many African countries. They may have details of vacancies locally or suggestions of how to find work.
Country specific information
International work and study index page