University Staff Pages
The Careers Service mission is: Enabling students to make and implement informed choices about their future and realise their aspirations.
All academic departments have a dedicated Careers Adviser who can deliver departmental talks and workshops; we also have a range of specialist staff working on skills, work placements, employer liaison and statistics that you can contact. View the Careers Service staff list.
Read our Best Practice Use of the Careers Service guide for staff helping students develop they employment prospects.
Further information about Careers Service activties is available:
- Careers Service Annual Report 2008/09
- Careers Service Annual Report 2007/08
- CareerLink annual newsletter
- Careers Advisory Board Minutes
- Careers guidance & information for students: Books and other materials, one-to-one careers advice, careers events programme, jobshop, postgraduate study advice, specialist postgraduate student, international student and work experience advisers.
- Bespoke departmental activities: Careers talks & workshops, skills training for students, career management programmes and tailored resources.
- Skills & employability support: Departmental Careers Advisers, developing skills & employability through academic programmes, guidance for work placement opportunities and personal development planning support.
- Information & statistics: Employment statistics for Bristol graduates, usage of Careers Service statistics, departmental pages and information on vocations and industries.
- Employer liaison: Labour market trends, contact with employers, employer events, fairs and targeted information for your students.
- Advertise vacancies for student employees: Advertise vacancies suitable for current students through JobShop.
- Advertise internships: Offer Campus Internships to students.
- Services for you as staff
Send us your thoughts by completing an online feedback form. We are always interested to know what you would like to see on these pages.