Dr Allison Blair
Principal Clinical Scientist
School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine,
University of Bristol, Medical Sciences Building,
Bristol, BS8 1TD
phone: +44 (0)117 33 12066 (internal 12066)
group: Cancer Stem Cell group
- Characterisation of leukaemia initiating cell populations in childhood leukaemias.
- Development of new therapeutic strategies targeted at leukaemia initiating cells and improvement of disease monitoring throughout the course of treatment
- Ex-vivo expansion of haemopoietic cells to produce therapeutic quantities of committed progenitor cells in culture
- Diamanti, P. and Blair, A. (2009) Stem cells in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: identifying the most relevant targets for therapy. Blood 113, 4477-4478.
- Cox, C.V., Diamanti, P., Evely, R.S., Kearns, P.R. and Blair A. (2009) Expression of CD133 on leukemia initiating cells in childhood ALL. Blood 113, 3287-3296.
- Yan, M., Himoudi, N., Pule, M., Sebire, N., Poon, E., Blair, A., Williams, O. and Anderson, J. (2008) Development of cellular immune responses against PAX5, a novel target for cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Res. 68, 8058-8065.
- Eichler, H., Nguyen, X.D., Roelen, D., Celluzzi, C.M., McKenna, D., Pamphilon, D., Blair, A., Read, E.J., Takahashi, T.A., Szczepiorkowski, Z.M. (2008) Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion Collaborative. Multicenter study on in vitro characterization of dendritic cells. Cytotherapy 10, 21-29.
- Cox, C.V., Martin, H.M., Kearns, P.R., Virgo, P., Evely, R.S. and Blair, A. (2007) Characterisation of a progenitor cell population in childhood T cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Blood 109, 674-682.
View all publications held on the University of Bristol's IRIS database