A vibrant exhibition of art inspired by the life sciences and medicine, including medical student and patient reflections, biomedical research images as art, an installation of research-inspired fiction, and chances for you to share your perspectives on the body.
Saturday 26 March – Saturday 30 April 2011, Monday – Saturday 10 am – 5 pm – FREE
Grant Bradley Gallery, Bedminster Parade (next to Asda), BS3 4AQ
- Out of Our Heads: Art in Medicine
- Writing the Lab: Science-inspired Fiction
- The Art of Science: Biomedical Research Images as Art
- Knit a Neuron
- Exchanging Perspectives – public perspectives on the body
Explore the complex worlds of mathematics, physics and physical geography through a stunning range of sculpture, drawings, film and animation, and photography. Featuring work by Emma Stibbon, Benjamin Storch, Chrystal Cherniwchan and Richard Box.
Friday 1 April – Saturday 30 April 2011 (Mon – Fri 10 am – 6 pm; Sat – Sun 10 am – 5pm) – FREE
The Bristol Gallery, Millennium Promenade (near At-Bristol), Harbourside, Bristol BS1 5TY
- Glacial Shift
- Visualising the Lorenz manifold
- Mathematical Ethnographies
- Exploring the Valley
- Science Portraits
Experience Changing Perspectives
Experience Changing Perspectives at a family-focused weekend extravaganza, where aerial performance, anatomy and biomechanics collide! Join us for a hands-on, interactive exploration of art-science at Circomedia in the heart of Bristol.
- Friday 18 March – primary schools day
- Saturday 19 March 2011, 10 am – 5 pm; 30-minute performances at 11 am, 12, 1, 2, 3 and 4 pm
- FREE public event. Turn up any time but entry to performances on a first-come first-served basis
Circomedia, Portland Square, Bristol, BS2 8SJ
More information about the Experience Changing Perspectives event