Browse/search for people
Professor Varinder Aggarwal
Professor Varinder Aggarwal
BA, PhD(Cantab), FRS
Area of research
Asymmetric synthesis, methodology and applications.
My research interests include; the development of new catalytic processes for asymmetric synthesis; the development of chiral carbenoids and their use and subsequent applications in catalysis and synthesis; the development of new methodology and its applications in synthesis; total synthesis of biologically important targets.
Professor Aggarwal is a supervisor in the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Chemical Synthesis
- catalytic processes
- asymmetric synthesis
- reactive intermediates
School of Chemistry
Research areas and groups
- Blair, D, Zhong, S, Hesse, M, Zabaleta, N, Myers, E & Aggarwal, V, 2016, Full chirality transfer in the synthesis of hindered tertiary boronic esters under in situ lithiation–borylation conditions. Chemical Communications, vol 52., pp. 5289-5292
- Dutheuil, G, Webster, MR, Worthington, PA & Aggarwal, VK, 2016, Stereocontrolled Synthesis of Carbon Chains Bearing Contiguous Methyl Groups by Iterative Boronic Ester Homologations: Application to the Total Synthesis of (+)-Faranal. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol 48., pp. 6317-6319
- Robiette, R, Trieu-Van, T, Aggarwal, VK & Harvey, JN, 2016, Activation of the SN2 Reaction by Adjacent π Systems: The Critical Role of Electrostatic Interactions and of Dissociative Character. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 138., pp. 734-737
- Wang, Y, Noble, A, Myers, EL & Aggarwal, VK, 2016, Enantiospecific Alkynylation of Alkylboronic Esters. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol 55.
- Feeney, KMJ, Berionni, G, Mayr, H & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Structure and reactivity of boron-ate complexes derived from primary and secondary boronic esters. Organic Letters, vol 17., pp. 2614-2617
- Llaveria, J, Leonori, D & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Stereospecific Coupling of Boronic Esters with N-Heteroaromatic Compounds. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 137., pp. 10958-10961
- Sandford, C, Rasappan, R & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Synthesis of enantioenriched alkylfluorides by the fluorination of boronate complexes. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 137., pp. 10100-10103
- Leonori, D & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Reagent-controlled lithiation–borylation. Topics in Organometallic Chemistry, vol 49., pp. 271-295
- Unsworth, PJ, Löffler, LE, Noble, A & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Palladium-Catalyzed Reactions of Allylic Boronic Esters with Nucleophiles: Novel Umpolung Reactivity. Synlett, vol 26., pp. 1567-1572
- Balieu, S, Hallett, GE, Burns, M, Bootwicha, T, Studley, J & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Toward Ideality: The Synthesis of (+)-Kalkitoxin and (+)-Hydroxyphthioceranic Acid by Assembly-Line Synthesis. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 137., pp. 4398-4403
- Prévost, S, Thai, K, Schützenmeister, N, Coulthard, G, Erb, W & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Synthesis of prostaglandin analogues, latanoprost and bimatoprost, using organocatalysis via a key bicyclic enal intermediate. Organic Letters, vol 17., pp. 504-507
- Matlock, JV, Svejstrup, TD, Songara, P, Overington, S, McGarrigle, EM & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Synthesis of 6- and 7-Membered N-Heterocycles Using α-Phenylvinylsulfonium Salts. Organic Letters, vol 17., pp. 5044-5047
Edit this profile If you are Professor Varinder Aggarwal, you can edit this page. Login required.