Browse/search for people
Professor Varinder Aggarwal
Professor Varinder Aggarwal
BA, PhD(Cantab), FRS
Area of research
Asymmetric synthesis, methodology and applications.
My research interests include; the development of new catalytic processes for asymmetric synthesis; the development of chiral carbenoids and their use and subsequent applications in catalysis and synthesis; the development of new methodology and its applications in synthesis; total synthesis of biologically important targets.
Professor Aggarwal is a supervisor in the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Chemical Synthesis
- catalytic processes
- asymmetric synthesis
- reactive intermediates
School of Chemistry
Research areas and groups
- Robiette, R, Trieu-Van, T, Aggarwal, VK & Harvey, JN, 2016, Activation of the SN2 Reaction by Adjacent π Systems: The Critical Role of Electrostatic Interactions and of Dissociative Character. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 138., pp. 734-737
- Blair, D, Zhong, S, Hesse, M, Zabaleta, N, Myers, E & Aggarwal, V, 2016, Full chirality transfer in the synthesis of hindered tertiary boronic esters under in situ lithiation–borylation conditions. Chemical Communications, vol 52., pp. 5289-5292
- Wang, Y, Noble, A, Myers, EL & Aggarwal, VK, 2016, Enantiospecific Alkynylation of Alkylboronic Esters. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol 55.
- Leonori, D & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Stereospecific couplings of secondary and tertiary boronic esters. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol 54., pp. 1082-1096
- Leonori, D & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Reagent-controlled lithiation–borylation. Topics in Organometallic Chemistry, vol 49., pp. 271-295
- Delgado, AM, Smith, JR, Chen, JL & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Tandem Allylboration–Prins Reaction for the Rapid Construction of Substituted Tetrahydropyrans: Application to the Total Synthesis of (−)-Clavosolide A. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol 55., pp. 2498-2502
- Sandford, C, Rasappan, R & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Synthesis of enantioenriched alkylfluorides by the fluorination of boronate complexes. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 137., pp. 10100-10103
- Roesner, S, Blair, DJ & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Enantioselective installation of adjacent tertiary benzylic stereocentres using lithiation-borylation-protodeboronation methodology. Application to the synthesis of bifluranol and fluorohexestrol. Chemical Science, vol 6., pp. 3718-3723
- Brown, CA & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Short Convergent Synthesis of the Mycolactone Core Through Lithiation-Borylation Homologations. Chemistry - A European Journal, vol 21., pp. 13900-13903
- Prévost, S, Thai, K, Schützenmeister, N, Coulthard, G, Erb, W & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Synthesis of prostaglandin analogues, latanoprost and bimatoprost, using organocatalysis via a key bicyclic enal intermediate. Organic Letters, vol 17., pp. 504-507
- Matlock, JV, Svejstrup, TD, Songara, P, Overington, S, McGarrigle, EM & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Synthesis of 6- and 7-Membered N-Heterocycles Using α-Phenylvinylsulfonium Salts. Organic Letters, vol 17., pp. 5044-5047
- Llaveria, J, Leonori, D & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Stereospecific Coupling of Boronic Esters with N-Heteroaromatic Compounds. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 137., pp. 10958-10961
Edit this profile If you are Professor Varinder Aggarwal, you can edit this page. Login required.