Browse/search for people
Professor Varinder Aggarwal
Professor Varinder Aggarwal
BA, PhD(Cantab), FRS
Area of research
Asymmetric synthesis, methodology and applications.
My research interests include; the development of new catalytic processes for asymmetric synthesis; the development of chiral carbenoids and their use and subsequent applications in catalysis and synthesis; the development of new methodology and its applications in synthesis; total synthesis of biologically important targets.
Professor Aggarwal is a supervisor in the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Chemical Synthesis
- catalytic processes
- asymmetric synthesis
- reactive intermediates
School of Chemistry
Research areas and groups
- Casoni, G, Myers, EL & Aggarwal, VK, 2016, Synthesis of 3-Aryl-1-aminopropane Derivatives: Lithiation-Borylation-Ring-Opening of Azetidinium Ions. Synthesis, vol 48., pp. 3241-3253
- Odachowski, M, Bonet, A, Essafi, S, Conti-Ramsden, P, Harvey, JN, Leonori, D & Aggarwal, VK, 2016, Development of Enantiospecific Coupling of Secondary and Tertiary Boronic Esters with Aromatic Compounds. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 138., pp. 9521-9532
- Noble, A, Roesner, S & Aggarwal, VK, 2016, Short Enantioselective Total Synthesis of Tatanan A and 3-epi-Tatanan A Using Assembly-Line Synthesis. Angewandte Chemie (International ed. in English), vol 55., pp. 15920-15924
- Fawcett, A, Nitsch, D, Ali, M, Bateman, JM, Myers, EL & Aggarwal, VK, 2016, Regio- and Stereoselective Homologation of 1,2-Bis(Boronic Esters): Stereocontrolled Synthesis of 1,3-Diols and Sch 725674. Angewandte Chemie (International ed. in English), vol 55., pp. 14663-14667
- Robiette, R, Trieu-Van, T, Aggarwal, VK & Harvey, JN, 2016, Activation of the SN2 Reaction by Adjacent π Systems: The Critical Role of Electrostatic Interactions and of Dissociative Character. Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol 138., pp. 734-737
- Wang, Y, Noble, A, Myers, EL & Aggarwal, VK, 2016, Enantiospecific Alkynylation of Alkylboronic Esters. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol 55.
- Blair, D, Zhong, S, Hesse, M, Zabaleta, N, Myers, E & Aggarwal, V, 2016, Full chirality transfer in the synthesis of hindered tertiary boronic esters under in situ lithiation–borylation conditions. Chemical Communications, vol 52., pp. 5289-5292
- Delgado, AM, Smith, JR, Chen, JL & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Tandem Allylboration–Prins Reaction for the Rapid Construction of Substituted Tetrahydropyrans: Application to the Total Synthesis of (−)-Clavosolide A. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol 55., pp. 2498-2502
- Feeney, KMJ, Berionni, G, Mayr, H & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Structure and reactivity of boron-ate complexes derived from primary and secondary boronic esters. Organic Letters, vol 17., pp. 2614-2617
- Brown, CA & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Short Convergent Synthesis of the Mycolactone Core Through Lithiation-Borylation Homologations. Chemistry - A European Journal, vol 21., pp. 13900-13903
- Leonori, D & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Stereospecific couplings of secondary and tertiary boronic esters. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol 54., pp. 1082-1096
- Prévost, S, Thai, K, Schützenmeister, N, Coulthard, G, Erb, W & Aggarwal, VK, 2015, Synthesis of prostaglandin analogues, latanoprost and bimatoprost, using organocatalysis via a key bicyclic enal intermediate. Organic Letters, vol 17., pp. 504-507
Edit this profile If you are Professor Varinder Aggarwal, you can edit this page. Login required.