Browse/search for people
Dr Wuge Briscoe
Dr Wuge Briscoe
Senior Lecturer in Physical Chemistry
Area of research
Interactions at bio- and nano-interfaces
- Wuge's research interests include direct measurement of surface forces mediated by surfactants, polymers and nanofluids, and fundamental aspects of biolubrication and nanotoxicity.
After his PhD at the IWRI, University of South Australia, Wuge spent several years in Oxford, first as a postdoctoral fellow, then as an EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellow at Life Science Interface and a (Guy Newton) junior research fellow at Wolfson College, before joining Bristol. He also maintained collaborations with the KTH, Stockholm during his EPSRC fellowship and spent an enjoyable period of time as a visiting scientist at Karlstad University, Sweden. (Group web page >>)
- 1st year Chemical Energy
- 3rd year Molecular Self-Assembly
- 3rd year Polymers in Solutions and at Interfaces
- soft matter
- surface forces
- polymer physics
- friction and lubrication
- X-ray reflectivity
School of Chemistry
Research areas and groups
- Briscoe, W, Speranza, F, Li, P, Konovalov, O, Bouchenoire, L, van Stam, J, Klein, J, Jacobs, R & Thomas, R, 2012, Synchrotron XRR study of soft nanofilms at the mica-water interface. Soft Matter, vol 8 (18)., pp. 5055 - 5068
- Pilkington, G & Briscoe, W, 2012, Nanofluids mediating surface forces. Advances in colloid and interface science.
- Dane, T, Cresswell, P, Bikondoa, O, Newby, G, Aronld, T, Faul, C & Briscoe, W, 2012, Structured Oligo(aniline) Nanofilms via Ionic Self-Assembly. Soft Matter, vol 8., pp. 2824 - 2832
- Klein, J, Briscoe, W, Chen, M, Eiser, E, Kampf, N, Raviv, U, Tadmor, R & Tsarkova, L, 2012, Polymer brushes and surface forces (Book Chapter). in: HB Zeng (eds) Polymer Adhesion, Friction and Lubrication. Wiley
- Chen, M, Briscoe, W, Armes, S & Klein, J, 2009, Lubrication at physiological pressures by polyzwitterionic brushes. Science, vol 323., pp. 1698 - 1701
- Briscoe, W, Titmuss, S, Tiberg, F, Thomas, R, McGillivray, D & Klein, J, 2006, Boundary lubrication under water. Nature, vol 444 (7116)., pp. 191 - 194
Read more >
- Sharma, KP, Harniman, R, Farrugia, T, Briscoe, WH, Perriman, AW & Mann, S, 2016, Dynamic Behavior in Enzyme-Polymer Surfactant Hydrogel Films. Advanced materials (Deerfield Beach, Fla.), vol 28., pp. 1597-1602
- Beddoes, CM, Whitehouse, MR, Briscoe, WH & Su, B, 2016, Hydrogels as a Replacement Material for Damaged Articular Hyaline Cartilage. Materials, vol 9.
- Bulpett, JM, Snow, T, Quignon, B, Beddoes, CM, Tang, TYD, Mann, S, Shebanova, O, Pizzey, CL, Terrill, NJ, Davis, SA & Briscoe, WH, 2015, Hydrophobic nanoparticles promote lamellar to inverted hexagonal transition in phospholipid mesophases. Soft Matter, vol 11., pp. 8789-8800
- Beddoes, CM, Case, CP & Briscoe, WH, 2015, Understanding nanoparticle cellular entry: A physicochemical perspective. Advances in colloid and interface science, vol 218., pp. 48-68
- Kaus, NHM, Collins, AM, Bulpett, JM, Cresswell, PT, Bikondoa, O, Briscoe, WH & Mann, S, 2014, In situ X-ray reflectivity studies of molecular and molecular-cluster intercalation within purple membrane films. Journal of Materials Chemistry C.
- Dane, TG, Cresswell, PT, Pilkington, GA, Lilliu, S, Macdonald, JE, Prescott, SW, Bikondoa, O, Faul, CFJ & Briscoe, WH, 2013, Oligo(aniline) nanofilms: from molecular architecture to microstructure. Soft Matter, vol 9., pp. 10501-10511
Edit this profile If you are Dr Wuge Briscoe, you can edit this page. Login required.