Browse/search for people
Dr Wuge Briscoe
Dr Wuge Briscoe
Senior Lecturer in Physical Chemistry
Area of research
Interactions at bio- and nano-interfaces
- Wuge's research interests include direct measurement of surface forces mediated by surfactants, polymers and nanofluids, and fundamental aspects of biolubrication and nanotoxicity.
After his PhD at the IWRI, University of South Australia, Wuge spent several years in Oxford, first as a postdoctoral fellow, then as an EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellow at Life Science Interface and a (Guy Newton) junior research fellow at Wolfson College, before joining Bristol. He also maintained collaborations with the KTH, Stockholm during his EPSRC fellowship and spent an enjoyable period of time as a visiting scientist at Karlstad University, Sweden. (Group web page >>)
- 1st year Chemical Energy
- 3rd year Molecular Self-Assembly
- 3rd year Polymers in Solutions and at Interfaces
- soft matter
- surface forces
- polymer physics
- friction and lubrication
- X-ray reflectivity
School of Chemistry
Research areas and groups
- Briscoe, W, Speranza, F, Li, P, Konovalov, O, Bouchenoire, L, van Stam, J, Klein, J, Jacobs, R & Thomas, R, 2012, Synchrotron XRR study of soft nanofilms at the mica-water interface. Soft Matter, vol 8 (18)., pp. 5055 - 5068
- Pilkington, G & Briscoe, W, 2012, Nanofluids mediating surface forces. Advances in colloid and interface science.
- Dane, T, Cresswell, P, Bikondoa, O, Newby, G, Aronld, T, Faul, C & Briscoe, W, 2012, Structured Oligo(aniline) Nanofilms via Ionic Self-Assembly. Soft Matter, vol 8., pp. 2824 - 2832
- Klein, J, Briscoe, W, Chen, M, Eiser, E, Kampf, N, Raviv, U, Tadmor, R & Tsarkova, L, 2012, Polymer brushes and surface forces (Book Chapter). in: HB Zeng (eds) Polymer Adhesion, Friction and Lubrication. Wiley
- Chen, M, Briscoe, W, Armes, S & Klein, J, 2009, Lubrication at physiological pressures by polyzwitterionic brushes. Science, vol 323., pp. 1698 - 1701
- Briscoe, W, Titmuss, S, Tiberg, F, Thomas, R, McGillivray, D & Klein, J, 2006, Boundary lubrication under water. Nature, vol 444 (7116)., pp. 191 - 194
Read more >
- Briscoe, WH, 2017, Aqueous boundary lubrication: Molecular mechanisms, design strategy, and terra incognita. Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, vol 27., pp. 1-8
- Bartenstein, JE, Robertson, J, Battaglia, G & Briscoe, WH, 2016, Stability of polymersomes prepared by size exclusion chromatography and extrusion. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, vol 506., pp. 739-746
- Beddoes, CM, Whitehouse, MR, Briscoe, WH & Su, B, 2016, Hydrogels as a Replacement Material for Damaged Articular Hyaline Cartilage. Materials, vol 9.
- Dane, TG, Bartenstein, JE, Sironi, B, Mills, BM, Bell, OA, MacDonald, JE, Arnold, T, Faul, CFJ & Briscoe, WH, 2016, Influence of solvent polarity on the structure of drop-cast electroactive tetra(aniline)-surfactant thin films. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol 18., pp. 24498-24505
- Sharma, KP, Harniman, RL, Farrugia, T, Briscoe, WH, Perriman, AW & Mann, S, 2016, Dynamic Behavior in Enzyme-Polymer Surfactant Hydrogel Films. Advanced Materials, vol 28., pp. 1597-1602
- Bulpett, JM, Snow, T, Quignon, B, Beddoes, CM, Tang, TYD, Mann, S, Shebanova, O, Pizzey, CL, Terrill, NJ, Davis, SA & Briscoe, WH, 2015, Hydrophobic nanoparticles promote lamellar to inverted hexagonal transition in phospholipid mesophases. Soft Matter, vol 11., pp. 8789-8800
Edit this profile If you are Dr Wuge Briscoe, you can edit this page. Login required.