Health & Safety Committee
The committee has been set up to address all Health and Safety issues across the department and its prime goal is to ensure a safe working environment for all its staff.
The committee meets bi-monthly currently, and is comprised of the following members of staff together with their listed roles within it::
- Gavin Welsh- Chair of Safety Committee and Departmental Biological Safety Adviser
- Sue Christie - Departmental Safety Adviser (& representative for Diabetes, Renal, Lung & IMEG)
- Candida Tasman - Deputy Departmental Safety Adviser (& representative for Dementia Research Group)
- Al Williams - Departmental Radiation Protection Adviser
- Claire Wienburg - UoB Health & Safety Adviser
- Simon Golding - UoB - Health & Safety Adviser
- Heidi Snethen - Representative for MS and Stem Cell Research Group
- Ali Bienemann - Representative for Functional Neurosurgery Research Group
- Aman Sood - Representative for Orthopaedic Surgery
- Angie Mitchell - Secretary to the committee
Structure of Health and Safety Committee (PPT 35.5KB)
You can download the committee meeting minutes (members only) by clicking on this link.