Contact a student outside office hours
If a student is in University-allocated accommodation
Who to contact
- The Duty Senior Resident.
How to contact them
- The phone number for the Duty Senior Resident for each residence is on the residence website.
- Select the residence from the full list of University-allocated accommodation.
- From the residence page, select the Contacts link.
Duty Senior Residents are normally available from 7 to 11 pm on weekdays and 10 am to 11 pm at weekends. Duty hours will depend on which residence a student is in, and are published alongside the contact number.
Outside of office hours we do not have access to information about which students live in each residence. If you don't know which residence a student is in, call one of their friends who might be able to help.
If you are concerned and it is outside of the duty hours of the Duty Senior Resident, telephone University Security Services on +44 (0)117 331 1223.
Security Service staff follow the same rules of confidentiality. We will ask questions about what your concerns are to ensure we give your query the right priority.
If a student is living in private accommodation
Have you tried:
- contacting their friends, housemates?
- trying a different way of contacting them to the one you usually use?
If you are concerned about their welfare and think that they are at risk, telephone the police on 999.
Find out what help and support we can offer.