UBPAS: Data Protection
As a member of UBPAS the Trustees of UBPAS will have information (Data) provided to them with respect to your membership of UBPAS. The Trustees are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") and are responsible for ensuring your Data is processed in accordance with the Act, which includes informing you of the reason why your Data is processed and the persons to whom the Trustees may need to disclose your Data.
They hold your Data for the purposes specified in their notification to the Data Protection Commissioner, and may use this information for any of them. Essentially, your Data is used to decide your eligibility for, and to calculate any pension or other benefits from, UBPAS.
In addition, your Data is also used to enable the Trustees effectively to manage and administer UBPAS from time to time and undertake all acts necessary to do this, even when the scheme is closed on 31 December 2019 or begun to be wound up or merged with another pension scheme. In order to do this we may get Data about you from others, or we may give information about you to others. For example, your Data may be given to or received from:
- your current, past or prospective employer;
- any employers associated with your employer, or any prospective associated employers, whether or not any such employer is based within the European Economic Area;
- the advisers to the Trustees;
- any financial organisations with whom the Trustees deal, employees and agents of the Trustees, claimants, beneficiaries, Government agencies;
- any other scheme to which your Trustees are empowered or requested to transfer your benefits; and
- any other person to whom the Trustees may from time to time need to disclose data in order fully and effectively to administer UBPAS.
We may not use your data unless it is for a legal and specified purpose.