If you have lost your passport and/or BRP card, see our Lost passport or BRP card page which explains what you should do next
All international students must read the following important information:
Our International Student Visa Advisers support students on matters related to immigration status.
Advisers can offer guidance to prospective and current students. Advisers help students ensure they meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements and rules.
Read our Statement of service.
How we support our students
We provide information, support and advice on:
- Tier 4 student visa
- Short-term study visa
- Working in the UK during your studies
- Working in the UK after your studies - Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur (GE) visa and Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES) visa
- Changes to your course and visa implications
- Standard Visitor visa
- Lost passport or BRP card
We do not advise on the following:
- Schengen visas - find out more about Schengen visas from the UK Council for Internal Student Affairs (UKCISA)
- UK equivalent scores - read the University of Bristol's advice on equivalent qualifications
- Fee status - read University of Bristol's advice on fee status
- Tier 2 - find out about Employment (Tier 2) from UKCISA
- Tier 5 - find out about Working after studies from UKCISA
- Visas for other countries
- UK citizenship, UK settlement or other types of UK residency
How we support staff
We support colleagues to ensure that we comply with our Tier 4 sponsor licence.
Giving visa advice
Please do not give visa advice to students, contact us.
Fraud and scams
We are aware that some international students have been specifically targeted by criminals pretending to be from a legitimate organisation (such as UKVI). They telephone students to demand money and claim that, if they are not paid quickly, there will be damaging consequences.
UKVI will never contact you by telephone to ask for money.