Tier 4 student visa

All international students must read the following important information:

International students coming to the UK to study full-time must apply for a student visa. This is called a Tier 4 Student Visa, and criteria are set by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

Fraud and scams

We are aware that some international students have been specifically targeted by criminals pretending to be from a legitimate organisation (such as UKVI). They telephone students to demand money and claim that, if they are not paid quickly, there will be damaging consequences.

UKVI will never contact you by telephone to ask for money.

See UKVI's Fraud, tricks and scams guidance and UKCISA's Frauds and scams page as well as UKVI & Police Action Fraud Information Pack (PDF, 1,343kB) for further information and advice about how to protect yourself. 

Contact us

Find out how to contact us

Visa question?

Edit this page