Standard Visitor visa

Who needs a Standard Visitor visa

Students attending graduation ceremonies

You may need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to return to the UK for Graduation.

Please see our Graduation information for more details.

Friends and family visiting you

Friends or family who want to visit while you are in the UK can apply for a Standard Visitor visa. They cannot apply for or extend a Standard Visitor visa once they are in the UK.

Please see our Inviting your family or friends (PDF, 132kB) information sheet for more information.

Applying for a Standard Visitor visa

Apply online for Standard Visitor visa.

Health insurance

If you enter the UK on a Standard Visitor visa, you are not entitled to National Health Service (NHS) treatment. We advise that you to take out private medical insurance.

Contact us

Find out how to contact us

Visa question?

Edit this page