Tell us about your disability

If you will need disability-related support at university, you must tell us about your disability. It is important that you do this as soon as you receive an offer. 

You will need to send us evidence of your disability so that we can make recommendations for your support. You may also need to do the following:

How to tell us about your disability

Complete the online applicant questionnaire

Send us evidence of your disability

We need evidence of your disability to make recommendations for your support. Please send evidence as well as completing the applicant questionnaire.

You can send it to us:

Guidance on providing evidence

Please read the guidance on the types of evidence you can provide.

Support in exams

For alternative exam arrangements, such as extra time, rest breaks or using a PC or laptop, complete the applicant questionnaire and send us your evidence.

Often we can make recommendations for your alternative exam arrangements using information from your applicant questionnaire or evidence. If we can do this, we will contact you and let you know what recommendations we have made. If we need more information before we can make exam recommendations, we will contact you.

Specialist support for disabled students

Specialist support must be funded and it is important to apply for funding early. Specialist support may include the following:

Find out about the funding available and how to apply.

Contact your School Disability Coordinator

Each academic school (eg School of Modern Languages, School of Chemistry) has a School Disability Coordinator (SDC). Contact your SDC for help if you need advice on something that relates to your degree course, such as: