Browse/search for people
Dr Marko Scholze
Dr Marko Scholze
My present research field can be described broadly as the dynamics of terrestrial ecosystems, including carbon cycling, and their interactions with the climate system. In particular, I am interested in how the terrestrial biosphere and terrestrial carbon fluxes respond to changes in climate on various time scales such as interannual variability, future global warming but also paleo glacial-interglacial transitions. An important aspect of this research is to quantify the anthropogenic perturbation on the carbon cycle and with it the detection of measures to mitigate climate change. To this end, I am using observational data and data assimilation techniques to optimise models of the Earth System.
My research also focuses on the large question of what constitutes 'dangerous climate change' and to assess the risks of climate change on ecosystems.
- terrestrial biosphere
- carbon cycle
- climate change
- Ziehn, T, Kattge, J, Knorr, W & Scholze, M 2011, Improving the predictability of global CO2 assimilation rates under climate change. Geophysical Research Letters, vol 38.
- Scholze, M 2011, A risk analysis for world ecosystems under future climate change. in: K Richardson, W Steffen, D Liverman (eds) Climate Change: Global Risks, Challenges and Decisions. Cambridge University Press
Read more >
- Ciais, P, Tagliabue, A, Cuntz, M, Bopp, L, Scholze, M, Hoffmann, G, Lourantou, A, Harrison, S, Prentice, I, Kelly, DJ, Koven, C & Piao, S 2012, Large inert carbon pool in the terrestrial biosphere during the last glacial maximum. Nature Geosciences.
- Rayner, PJ, Koffi, E, Scholze, M, Kaminski, T & Dufresne, J 2011, Constraining predictions of the carbon cycle using data. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol 369., pp. 1955 - 1966
- Ziehn, T, Knorr, W & Scholze, M 2011, The effects of regional differences in the long-term carbon balance on predicted net CO2 fluxes. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, vol 25.
- Bartlein, P, Harrison, S, Brewer, S, Connor, S, Gajewski, K, Harrison-Prentice, T, Henderson, A, Peyron, O, Prentice, I, Seppa, H, Scholze, M, Shuman, B, Sugita, S, Thompson, R, Viau, A, Williams, J & Wu, H 2010, Pollen-based continental climate reconstructions at 6 and 21 ka: a global synthesis. Climate Dynamics.
- Petropoulos, G, Vadrevu, K, Xanthopoulos, G, Karantounias, G & Scholze, M 2010, A Comparison of Spectral Angle Mapper and Artificial Neural Network Classifiers Combined with Landsat TM Imagery Analysis for Obtaining Burnt Area Mapping. Sensors, vol 10., pp. 1967- - 1985
- Kaminski, T, Scholze, M & Houweling, S 2010, Quantifying the Benefit of A-SCOPE Data for Reducing Uncertainties in Terrestrial Carbon Fluxes in CCDAS. Tellus.
- Knorr, W, Kaminski, T, Scholze, M, Gobron, P, N., Pinty, B., Giering, R., Mathieu & 2010, Carbon cycle data assimilation with a generic phenology model. Journal of Geophysical Research Biogeosciences, vol 115.
- Petropoulos, G, Knorr, W, Scholze, M, Boschetti, L & Karantounias, G 2010, Combining ASTER multispectral imagery analysis and support vector machines for rapid and cost-effective post-fire assessment: a case study from the Greek wildland fires of 2007. NATURAL HAZARDS AND EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCES, vol 10., pp. 305 - 317
Edit this profile If you are Dr Marko Scholze, you can edit this page. Login required.