SOE publishes eBook edition of our Handbook for Education Professionals: The Bristol Guide 30 July 2018 Our annual publication is now available in both print from the universities online shop and, in collaboration with the Bristol University Press, as a fully interactive e-book available on Amazon and other platforms.
- Applications open for new course, ‘Changing Education: A Pathway to Further Study’ 20 August 2018 A new course ‘Changing Education: A Pathway to Further Study’ will be taught at the School of Education, starting in October 2018.
- SOE publishes eBook edition of our Handbook for Education Professionals: The Bristol Guide 30 July 2018 Our annual publication is now available in both print from the universities online shop and, in collaboration with the Bristol University Press, as a fully interactive e-book available on Amazon and other platforms.
- Dr Shelley McKeown Jones winner of American Psychology Association Early Career Award 25 July 2018 Many congratulations to Dr Shelley McKeown Jones was one of two winners of the American Psychology Association (APA) Division 48 Ed Cairns Early Career Award.
- Dr George Leckie & Prof.Harvey Goldstein win ‘British Educational Research Journal & BERA’s Editor’s Choice Award’ 24 July 2018 Dr George Leckie and Professor Harvey Goldstein have received the British Educational Research Journal (BERJ) and BERA Editor’s Choice Award for their article “The Evolution of School League Tables in England 1992-2016: “Contextual Value-Added”, “Expected Progress” and “Progress 8”, BERJ 43(2): 193-212.
- SOE’s Dr Helen Manchester talks about the Isolation and Loneliness of Older People project at Westminster 17 July 2018 Amid the turmoil of resignations and Brexit rows in Westminster on 9th July 2018, there was also an exciting event taking positive steps towards addressing the issues of social isolation and loneliness.
- SOE academic staff promoted to Reader by the University 9 July 2018 Congratulations to the following members of staff from the School of Education who have all been promoted to Reader by the University with effect from 1st August:
- Dr Amanda Williams wins prestigious Early Career Award 25 June 2018 Many congratulations to Dr Amanda Williams who has been nominated by the British Psychological Society Social Psychology Section (SPS) Committee to be the recipient of the Early Career Award.
- SOE host annual Doctoral Conference 20 June 2018 The annual Doctoral Conference was held at the School of Education between 7 and 9 June 2018.
- School of Education staff recognised for their outstanding contribution at ‘Bristol Teaching Awards’ 7 June 2018 We are proud to announce that two members of staff from the School of Education were winners at the ‘Bristol Teaching Awards’, which was held on Tuesday 5 June 2018, in the Wills Memorial Building.
- Report published about Women Professors as Intellectual Leaders 25 May 2018 Head of School, Professor Bruce Macfarlane, has a report published by the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education. The report is based on a project about women professors and the barriers to their progression within the professoriate.