Celebrations of the life and academic work of Prof. Rosamund Sutherland 20 November 2019 On the 16th November 2019, the Rosamund Sutherland Memorial Event took place in the Wills Memorial Building; an event which was organised by the School of Education.
- Celebrations of the life and academic work of Prof. Rosamund Sutherland 20 November 2019 On the 16th November 2019, the Rosamund Sutherland Memorial Event took place in the Wills Memorial Building; an event which was organised by the School of Education.
- Professor Michael Crossley Awarded Honorary Membership of BAICE 18 November 2019 The British Association for International and Comparative Education (BAICE) has confirmed Emeritus Professor Michael Crossley as an Honorary Life Member for his extensive contributions to the field of comparative and international education and to the development of BAICE itself.
- Celebrating Statistics: Professor Harvey Goldstein hosts prestigious lecture on his 80th Birthday 12 November 2019 The School of Education's Professor Harvey Goldstein hosted the prestigious Otto Wolff lecture on his 80th birthday.
- Research reports pupil background 'should be part of league tables' 29 October 2019 Research conducted at the School of Education reports that more details about pupils' backgrounds should be taken into account when compiling data for secondary school league tables in England.
- Bristol schools attend Climate Emergency, Education and Democratic Leadership Conference 22 October 2019 On Saturday 19th October, students from a range of schools and colleges across Bristol arrived at the School of Education for The Climate Emergency, Education and Democratic Leadership Conference.
- Professor Sally Barnes presented with a Distinguished Service Award for 40 years service to the University 16 October 2019 Last week, the School of Education's Professor Sally Barnes was presented with a Distinguished Service Award for her 40 years service to the University.
- Simon Brownhill received Nursery World Equipment & Resources Award 4 October 2019 Many congratulations to Simon Brownhill who won a Nursery World Equipment & Resources Award for his co-authored book 'Men in Early Years Settings'.
- Welcome to our new students! 23 September 2019 On behalf of everyone here at the School of Education, I would like to welcome all new students starting this academic year.
- The 2019 edition of the Bristol Guide is now available 2 September 2019 The new and improved 'The Bristol Guide: a Handbook for Educational Professionals' is now available to purchase from our online shop.
- Research on oral language & oracy education will support 'Speak for Change' inquiry 8 August 2019 Dr Ioanna Bakopoulou has been invited to be part of the ‘Speak for Change’ Oracy All- Party Parliamentary Group (Oracy APPG) as a research expert.