Tackling Bristol’s ‘educational inequality crisis’ 8 October 2018 New research from the School of Education has confirmed that there is a shocking divide in educational opportunities for young people in Bristol depending on where they live in the city.
- Tackling Bristol’s ‘educational inequality crisis’ 8 October 2018 New research from the School of Education has confirmed that there is a shocking divide in educational opportunities for young people in Bristol depending on where they live in the city.
- Welcome to our new students! 24 September 2018 We are delighted to welcome you to the School of Education at the University of Bristol and we very much look forward to meeting you!
- SOE to co-host 'Reversing the educational inequality crisis in Bristol' event 30 August 2018 On October 9th colleagues from the School of Education are organising an evening event in City Hall (5.30 – 8.00 p.m.) to explicitly address the Bristol Learning City’s aim of increasing the participation rate in Higher Education of young people in targeted wards of the city.
- Applications open for new course, ‘Changing Education: A Pathway to Further Study’ 20 August 2018 A new course ‘Changing Education: A Pathway to Further Study’ will be taught at the School of Education, starting in October 2018.
- SOE publishes eBook edition of our Handbook for Education Professionals: The Bristol Guide 30 July 2018 Our annual publication is now available in both print from the universities online shop and, in collaboration with the Bristol University Press, as a fully interactive e-book available on Amazon and other platforms.
- Dr Shelley McKeown Jones winner of American Psychology Association Early Career Award 25 July 2018 Many congratulations to Dr Shelley McKeown Jones was one of two winners of the American Psychology Association (APA) Division 48 Ed Cairns Early Career Award.
- Dr George Leckie & Prof.Harvey Goldstein win ‘British Educational Research Journal & BERA’s Editor’s Choice Award’ 24 July 2018 Dr George Leckie and Professor Harvey Goldstein have received the British Educational Research Journal (BERJ) and BERA Editor’s Choice Award for their article “The Evolution of School League Tables in England 1992-2016: “Contextual Value-Added”, “Expected Progress” and “Progress 8”, BERJ 43(2): 193-212.
- SOE’s Dr Helen Manchester talks about the Isolation and Loneliness of Older People project at Westminster 17 July 2018 Amid the turmoil of resignations and Brexit rows in Westminster on 9th July 2018, there was also an exciting event taking positive steps towards addressing the issues of social isolation and loneliness.
- SOE academic staff promoted to Reader by the University 9 July 2018 Congratulations to the following members of staff from the School of Education who have all been promoted to Reader by the University with effect from 1st August:
- Dr Amanda Williams wins prestigious Early Career Award 25 June 2018 Many congratulations to Dr Amanda Williams who has been nominated by the British Psychological Society Social Psychology Section (SPS) Committee to be the recipient of the Early Career Award.