Professor Rosamund Sutherland 1947 - 2019 31 January 2019 Ros Sutherland, the former Head of the School of Education and more recently an Emeritus Professor, passed away on Saturday 26 January 2019.
- Professor Rosamund Sutherland 1947 - 2019 31 January 2019 Ros Sutherland, the former Head of the School of Education and more recently an Emeritus Professor, passed away on Saturday 26 January 2019.
- New research shows league tables ‘punish and reward wrong schools’ 24 January 2019 Secondary school league tables, published today [24 January], ‘punish and reward the wrong schools’ by failing to take pupil background into account, according to new research from the School of Education, University of Bristol.
- Prof. Paul Howard-Jones returns to our screens for 'The Secret Life of 4 & 5 Year Olds' 11 January 2019 An award-winning documentary series, featuring the School of Education’s Professor Paul Howard-Jones, has returned to our television screens.
- Initial teacher education work has been awarded 'outstanding' by Ofsted 18 December 2018 We are delighted to announce that the School of Education's initial teacher education work has been awarded an 'outstanding' grade as a result of our Ofsted inspection.
- Celebrating School of Education achievements in 2018! 14 December 2018 As we approach the end of the year, we would like to thank all staff and students for being part of the School of Education community. The dedication, commitment and great work of our staff and students have been instrumental to the School of Education’s progress and success.
- Developing leadership across schools in Bristol 6 December 2018 On the 5 December 2018, a group of participants received their certificates in the School of Education for a middle leadership course that they have competed.
- Celebrating women at the University - Dr Peggy Styles with Professor Helen Wodehouse 30 November 2018 From the first British woman to win a Nobel Prize to one of the country’s early suffragettes, portraits dedicated to inspirational women now grace the walls of the University of Bristol’s most famous building.
- How do touchscreens affect toddlers’ play, learning and social skills? 21 November 2018 Toddlers are being sought for a new research project looking into how touchscreens affect young children’s play, learning, and social skills.
- Jessie Abrahams to present ‘Option Blocks that Block Options: Exploring inequalities in GCSE and A Level options in England’ for Office for Students 19 November 2018 On Wednesday 21st November 2018, the School of Education’s Dr Jessie Abrahams will be presenting a ‘Learning Lunch’ seminar for Office for Students (Fair Access and Participation directorate).
- PGCE alumnus William Roberts features on BBC2 documentary, ‘School’ 14 November 2018 The School of Education’s PGCE alumnus & CEO of Castle School Education Trust, William Roberts, features in the BBC2 documentary ‘School’.