Head of School's welcome to new students
15 September 2017
On behalf of everyone here at the School of Education, I would like to welcome all new students starting this academic year.
We are very much looking forward to meeting and working alongside our students as they prepare their student- life here at the School of Education. For the first time we will be opening our doors to Undergraduate students as well as Masters, Doctoral and Initial Teacher Training students.
We are excited for our new students to join our thriving community of academic and professional staff as well as our current students.
In striving to give our students the best possible experience, the School has organised a Welcome Week programme. This will give students plenty of opportunities to adapt to their new environment, prepare for the year ahead and to meet fellow course mates.
All information about Welcome Week can be found here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/education/study/new-students/
In terms of support, we are here to help. The following offer advice, information and guidance:
- Porters at Reception (room bookings, general School enquiries) – ground floor
- Student Services reception (first floor): Emma Freeman
- Undergraduate programmes: Jim Evans, room 1.08 – email@example.com
- Masters programmes: Tara Thorne, room 1.08 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doctoral programmes: Gina Biggs, room 1.08 - EdD students: email@example.com PhD students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial Teacher Education: Allison, Emma, Magda, Tania, room 1.08 – email@example.com
We are thrilled to have you join the School of Education community! I hope you enjoy Welcome Week and settle into university life.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Prof. Leon Tikly (Acting Head of School)