Browse/search for groups
International and Comparative Studies (ICS)
The following people are in this group:
More about this group
The main aim of the Centre for International and Comparative Studies is to challenge the uncritical international transfer of educational policies, practices, theories and research modalities by exploring the significance of contextual and cultural differences in education, societal and international development.
Key research questions include:
- How to best learn from international experience while recognising the dilemmas of uncritical education policy transfer.
- How to strengthen forms of international development and research partnerships and capacity building.
- How to operationalise concepts of education quality, teacher professionalism and social justice in diverse contexts.
- How to learn from marginalised groups – including small states and indigenous communities.
- How to stimulate critical engagement with cross-national studies of achievement and associated league tables.
More details ...