Bristol Conversations in Education research seminar series
Bristol Conversations in Education is a seminar series which showcases world-class, impactful, cross-disciplinary research about education.
Audio and PowerPoint
You can view the powerpoint presentation or listen to the audio of the Bristol Conversations in Education seminars here.
The series aims to promote lively discussion around teaching, learning and leadership in education and is aimed at researchers, practitioners and policy makers. Each seminar is hosted by a leading academic from our research centres and networks. Everyone is welcome to attend. It is free to attend but registration is required.
The upcoming Bristol Conversations in Education seminars are:
- 24 January 2018 - University for Life
- 30 January 2018 - Mass Intellectuality and Democratic Leadership in Higher Education
- 30 January 2018 - Rural Students’ Transitions To and Through HE in South Africa
- 14 February 2018 - Ideas, Ideology and Activism in Education: and the role of Teachers as Transformative, Organic Intellectuals
- 21 February 2018 - Building a global research centre on higher education in turbulent times
- 22 March 2018 - Going beyond structured observations: Looking at classroom practice through a mixed method lens
Archive - Bristol Conversations in Education 2017-18
- 4 October 2017 - Researching and writing about educational activism and dissent from inside academia
- 11 October 2017 - Supporting the Development of Spoken Language in the Classroom for All Children: Addressing Inequalities in the Children's Early
- 25 October 2017 - Global Education Policy and the Sustainable Development Goals: Complexity, systems thinking and social justice
- 1 November 2017 - Somewhere between history and memory: Lessons in historical memory from Latin America
- 15 November 2017 - "Even if you do cuddles you get coleslaws": Accessing Data from the Secret Lives of 4 and 5 year olds
- 22 November 2017 - Brilliant Masters Dissertations: A Masterclass with past students
- 29 November 2017 - Freedom to learn at university
- 6 December 2017 - Biases in remembering feedback about past and future performance
- 13 December 2017 - Engaging and responding to local voices: the case of children’s schooling in rural Ethiopia and the implication for Sustainable Development Goals