Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The PhD Programme provides a route for students to carry out their own research project from the beginning. Your research will aim to contribute to the field of knowledge within Education and the broader Social Sciences.
What can the Education PhD programme offer me?
As well as the Doctoral Study Offer as a research student with us, you can expect:
- high quality and regular supervision from academic experts in their areas to support a 80,000 word dissertation (540 D level credits);
- support from your supervisors for presenting at conferences and publishing in academic peer-reviewed journals;
- to be part of a diverse and lively academic community of over 100 doctoral researchers;
- to be an active member of a research centre, network and/or Faculty-wide research group, through which you can share research ideas with staff and students and will connect to national and international networks;
- a minimum of four taught units introducing you to world class, up-to-date research methods training (ESRC accredited);
- membership of the South West Doctoral Training Partnership and Bristol Doctoral College;
- opportunities to contribute to leadership and governance as a student representative on School and Faculty committees; and
- your own personal web page on the University of Bristol website
We offer high quality supervision by internationally recognised researchers in a wide range of substantive and methodological areas across all education sectors.
Applying to Bristol
Bristol VIP is your own personal web page, giving you the information you're most interested in.