Information for new students 2018 entry
This section will give you the information you need to prepare for your PGCE study at Bristol in 2018/9 and will be updated when new information is available.
Please remember to update your correspondence details via UCAS Teacher Training. This is vital so that both we and UCAS can contact you.
DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificates
If you already have Enhanced Disclosure for the Child and Adult Workforce and have signed up for the update service; you do not need to make a new application through DBS. Further details on the service can be found here:
If you do not already have Enhanced Disclosure for the Child and Adult Workforce, you will need to make a new application and we will send you an application form once you have been made an offer.
Please find below important documents which you now need to read and act upon, if appropriate. (updated August 2018)
- 2018 Registration information (PDF, 116kB) - note, you will not be able to register until your offer is showing as unconditional and you've accepted this
- 2018 registration timetable (PDF, 49kB)
- Welcome Week timetable updated (PDF, 106kB) - updated September 2018
- Final 18 - 19 calendar (PDF, 75kB)
The information below was updated in April 2018
- Health Questionnaire 2018 (Office document, 75kB) (only to be completed if you have not already done so)
- Letter from Programme Directors 2018 (PDF, 91kB)
- 2018 PGCE term dates (PDF, 85kB)
- 2018 Preliminary joining instructions (PDF, 146kB)
- PGCE accommodation factsheet 2018 (PDF, 104kB)
Primary School Experience/Foundation Experience
The PGCE begins with two weeks' experience at a primary school of your choice. The information below was sent to you with your offer email, but has been updated as of 1st June 2018. The primary school must now be in England. Note: this information is NOT for School Direct offer-holders as their primary school experience is dealt with separately and arranged by the Lead School.
- Updated Letter to student-teacher (PDF, 112kB)
- Updated Primary School Experience - letter to headteacher (PDF, 101kB)
- Updated Guidelines for Referencing (PDF, 83kB)
There is no application process for the government training bursary - this is processed automatically by the PGCE office for eligible individuals. Once you have met the conditions of your offer and hold an unconditional offer, you will need to accept this and then we will send you a letter giving details of the amount of bursary and the payment structure. The amount of bursary that you will be eligible for is determined by your PGCE programme and your degree grade. Please refer to the Department of Education website for exact training busary figures.
Bursary letters will be sent to firmly accepted unconditional offer holders on a rolling basis from May onwards.