The MSc Education programme offers an exciting opportunity for students to design a tailored programme of study suited to their cultural, learning and professional needs.
Students on this programme will be able to opt to specialise and receive MSc Education awards in the following:
- Policy and International Development
- Leadership and Policy
- Learning, Technology and Society
- Mathematics Education
- Neuroscience and Education
- Teaching and Learning.
Identification of these specialisms will be shown in brackets on your award for example, MSc Education (Leadership and Policy).
In addition, students can design their own pathways by opting not to specialise. Core units can be taken from across the different specialisms and from our bank of optional units in order to follow a tailored programme of study resulting in an award of, MSc Education.
Students opting not to follow a specialism can import up to 60 Masters credits (subject to meeting the University eligibility requirements).
This programme aims to develop the student’s interest in and knowledge and understanding of:
- Specific theories, ideas and practices, and the relationships between perspectives from different disciplines.
- A range of research methods appropriate for their professional practice.
- The importance of developing clear lines of argument that are underpinned by critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- The role of reflective practice in the development of professional identity and expertise.
- Complex issues surrounding innovation and change and preparation for employment in changing and varied contexts.
- The skills and abilities required for successful engagement in focussed, professionally relevant independent learning through the production of a supervised dissertation.
- A range of practical and transferable skills.
This programme is offered on both a full time and part time basis*. Please contact us about our flexible study options.
*MSc Education (Mathematics Education) and MSc Education (Learning, Technology and Society) are ONLY offered as full time study.
Applying to Bristol
Bristol VIP is your own personal web page, giving you the information you're most interested in.