Professor Andrew Sturdy Wins CMCE Award 12 November 2019 A paper by Professor Andrew Sturdy has won the 2019 Centre for Management Consulting Excellence (CMCE) Research Award
- Accounting and Finance students receive an introduction to investment banking 13 November 2019 Accounting and Finance students interested in pursuing a career in investment banking were offered a comprehensive introduction to industry fundamentals earlier this month in a workshop led by investment banking, asset and wealth management training group, Financial Edge.
- Trust in economists heavily influenced by the EU referendum 13 November 2019 Research from the Economics Network shows that "Leave voters increasingly distrust economists to provide honest answers".
- Professor Andrew Sturdy Wins CMCE Award 12 November 2019 A paper by Professor Andrew Sturdy has won the 2019 Centre for Management Consulting Excellence (CMCE) Research Award
- Women, young and old people are most risk adverse, research finds 30 October 2019 Women, the young and older people are most risk averse when it comes to financial risk taking, according to new research from the University of Bristol and Cass Business School.
- Celebrating success at the Faculty Scholarship and prizes presentation 17 October 2019 The fourth annual Faculty of Social Sciences and Law Scholarships and Prizes event took place in the Wills Memorial Building on 14th October. It celebrated some of the fantastic achievements of students in the Faculty who have won prizes, scholarships and prizes over the year.
- New research supported by University of Bristol reveals impact of marketing technology within organisations 14 October 2019 The global marketing technology (martech) market is now valued at an estimated $121.5 billion, representing a year-on-year increase of 22%, finds international accountancy and business advisory firm BDO, and WARC, the worldwide authority on advertising and media effectiveness. This and other key findings are included in their ‘Martech: 2020 and beyond’ report, published today.
- Women in Economics 4 October 2019 A series of afternoon talks by four prominent female economists showed young female students why women need economics, and economics needs women.
- Dr Steven Proud awarded for Outstanding Contributions to Economics Education 24 September 2019 The Economics Network presented the prestigious award to Dr Steven Proud at the Developments in Economics Education Conference earlier this month.
- Welcome to Economics! 19 September 2019 The Department of Economics extends a warm welcome to all our of new students and staff joining us this year.
- Department of Management supports students to take action against climate change 17 September 2019 Bristol Energy Network and the University of Bristol’s Department of Management will be joining the strike on College Green on Friday, 20th September.