Bristol ranked in the world's top 50, new league table reveals 20 June 2019 The University of Bristol has risen two places to 49th in the QS World University Rankings 2020 released on June 19th.
- Bristol Econometric Study Group 2019 4 July 2019 The Bristol Econometric Study Group is an annual conference bringing together a wide range of researchers from the UK, Europe and North America.
- The University of Bristol hosts the 8th Annual Corporate Finance Conference 3 July 2019 This Thursday and Friday, the University of Bristol’s Department of Accounting and Finance will host the 8th Annual Corporate Finance Conference in Berkeley Square, Bristol.
- A look back at our recent Open Days 2 July 2019 On the 14th and 15th of June the University of Bristol was pleased to welcome potential students from far and wide for our Undergraduate Open Days. The School of Economics, Finance and Management hosted several subject specific talks as well as running our own information stand at Beacon House.
- Launch of Centre for Evidence-based Public Services (CEPS) 2 July 2019 A new research centre, focusing on public services and welfare reform, will launch in October 2019 thanks to being awarded Legacy Centre Status by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
- Department of Economics celebrates another successful Economic Theory workshop 26 June 2019 The University of Bristol were pleased to host this year's Bristol-Kent-Southampton Economic Theory Workshop. Read on for a short summary and photos of the event.
- Bristol ranked in the world's top 50, new league table reveals 20 June 2019 The University of Bristol has risen two places to 49th in the QS World University Rankings 2020 released on June 19th.
- Postgraduate Virtual Visit Day 13 June 2019 The virtual visit day for MSc Economics which took place last week is available to stream on-demand.
- Guardian ranks University of Bristol in top 20 for Management 12 June 2019 The Department of Management are delighted to be ranked in the top 20 in the UK for their discipline, making them one of the top 10 Russell Group universities for Management, according to the latest Guardian University Guide 2020.
- Undergraduate Open Days 2019 11 June 2019 The University of Bristol open days take place this weekend on Friday 14th and Saturday 15th June 2019. The open days are free to attend but you will need to book your place in advance. Our school will have an information stand at Beacon House and we are hosting subject specific talks for our different departments: Economics, Management or Accounting and Finance. See below for more details and to sign up.
- PhD bursaries in the Department of Economics 6 June 2019 The Department of Economics at the University of Bristol is pleased to invite applications for one or more MRes/PhD bursaries in economics. Successful applicants will study for the 12-month MRes Economics degree, followed by a PhD in Economics. They will receive a full fee waiver plus a stipend of £15,000 per year for up to four years in total as well as undertaking teaching duties within the Department.