Management’s Professor Dale Southerton appointed to Climate Assembly UK panel 10 January 2020 Climate Assembly UK was commissioned by the House of Commons in response to the Government’s commitment to meet net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Department of Economics Highlights of 2019 14 January 2020 As we say goodbye to 2019 and enter the exciting prospects of a new year and decade, we take a look back at some of the Department’s highlights from the last year.
- Bristol Marketing Students Help Children Support Nature In Their Own Backyards 10 January 2020 The University of Bristol’s Department of Management is excited to announce a new partnership with the Iceland Foods Charitable Foundation (IFCF)and social enterprise Semble.
- Management’s Professor Dale Southerton appointed to Climate Assembly UK panel 10 January 2020 Climate Assembly UK was commissioned by the House of Commons in response to the Government’s commitment to meet net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Accounting lecturer shares her research to support alternative businesses 20 December 2019 Earlier this month, one of our Accounting academics, Dr Alice Bryer held a workshop on Accounting Practices and Co-operative Values at the Bristol Bike Project (BBP). The BBP is a co- operative bike shop in Stokes Croft Bristol, a community hub and a big reason why Stokes Croft became known in Bristol as an 'alternative' kind of place.
- Research calls for new policy on green R&D and innovation 6 December 2019 New research carried out by Professor Xiaojun Wang of the University of Bristol investigates supply chain behaviour towards green R&D cooperation.
- Bristol Banking Research Group hosts workshop for researchers and practitioners 2 December 2019 Last Thursday the Department of Accounting and Finance’s Banking Research Group played host to the FINEST (Financial Intermediation Network of European Studies) Autumn Workshop in Berkeley Square, Bristol.
- Discover Economics taster day 2019 27 November 2019 The Discover Economics 2019 taster day welcomed nearly 200 students from 12 local schools and colleges to participate in an interactive day of inspiring talks, activities and an industry led competition offering a trip to Germany as the prize.
- Accounting and Finance students receive an introduction to investment banking 13 November 2019 Accounting and Finance students interested in pursuing a career in investment banking were offered a comprehensive introduction to industry fundamentals earlier this month in a workshop led by investment banking, asset and wealth management training group, Financial Edge.
- Trust in economists heavily influenced by the EU referendum 13 November 2019 Research from the Economics Network shows that "Leave voters increasingly distrust economists to provide honest answers".
- Professor Andrew Sturdy Wins CMCE Award 12 November 2019 A paper by Professor Andrew Sturdy has won the 2019 Centre for Management Consulting Excellence (CMCE) Research Award