- Develop your company’s relationship with the Faculty of Engineering - for example these schemes could be the first step on a relationship that ends with substantial collaboration on research projects or joint bids for external research funding.
- By being a part of these schemes your company will get access to a number of Faculty Industrial Liaison Office (ILO) initiatives including ‘The Inside Track’ lectures, items in the ILO Newsletter, student project work, the Dean’s International Internship Scholar Scheme, the Faculty’s Industry LinkedIn Group, and key events relevant to industry in the Faculty.
- Companies who are paying members of the internship scheme get priority access to all these schemes.
- Assist with graduate recruitment – by participating in these schemes you can identify talent early on and develop a long-term relationship with students to help with your organisation’s future recruitment needs.
- Profile raising – these schemes will enhance the awareness of your organisation amongst Faculty of Engineering students, who are your potential future employees, and also amongst our staff, who are future potential research collaborators (both schemes include networking opportunities with University academic staff).
- Some companies can use the mentoring as part of formal or informal staff development processes.
- The schemes are flexible and can adapt to suit your organisation’s needs. For example, you can participate in both schemes or just one; you can roll them into existing schemes or launch them as new initiatives; you can continue contact with students you employ or mentor; you can even engage students for future years by offering financial sponsorship or a bursary to assist them with their studies, thus providing a mechanism for investment in benefitting students and raising your company’s profile.
- If you are a small-to-medium company, you might be eligible for funding towards the costs of the internship.
Departments involved in schemes
The Faculty of Engineering has undergraduate students working towards degree programmes in:
How do I get involved in the schemes?
If you are interested in participating in the schemes, please download and complete the application form and return to us by e-mail.
Back to internship