Browse/search for people
Dr Angela Doufexi
Dr Angela Doufexi
Reader in Wireless Networks
BSc(Athens), MSc(Wales), PhD(Bristol)
Area of research
Dr Doufexi has worked in a number of projects including the European IST projects SATURN, ROMANTIK, ASTRALS and WCAM. She was the Principal Investigator in EE in the VIEWNET TSB project. The project was in collaboration with the Computer Science Department and partners from industry. Her research interests include OFDM and OFDMA systems, wireless LANs (PHY and MAC), space time coding and MIMO, LTE and WiMAX, opportunistic scheduling and cross layer optimisation and multimedia transmission.
Dr Angela Doufexi is currently Reader in Wireless Networks at the University of Bristol. She graduated from the University of Athens with a B.Sc. in Physics in 1996. She received her M.Sc. in Electronic Engineering from Cardiff University in 1998, before joining the Centre for Communications Research at the University of Bristol, where she received her Ph.D. in 2002.
She has published more than 130 international journal and conference papers . She has acted as an evaluator and reviewer for European Union IST Projects on a number of occasions. She has chaired technical sessions in international conferences and has been invited to give lectures.
I am teaching 2 courses, ELectronics 3 and Communication Systems for both of which I am the unit organiser. I currently supervise 10 PhD students and 11 PhD students have successfully graduated under my supervision. I supervise 3 UG and 4 MSc students on average per year and act as a tutor to a number of UG and MSc students.
I am the Examinations Officer in the Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering. As part of the role, I arrange and check all exam papers, liaise with external examiners, chair departmental exam boards and represent the Department in Faculty exam boards.
- wireless communications
- vehicular comunications
- LTE 4G
- Opportunistic Scheduling
- TVWS networks
- Almesaeed, RNF, Ameen, AS, Mellios, E, Doufexi, A & Nix, AR 2014, A Proposed 3D Extension to the 3GPP/ITU Channel Model for 800 MHz and 2.6 GHz Bands. in: The 8th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation: EUCAP2014. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), pp. 3039 - 3043
- Almesaeed, RNF, Ameen, AS, Doufexi, A & Nix, AR 2014, Performance Evaluation of LTE−Advanced Downlink in Inter and Intra Band Carrier Aggregation Under Mobility and Interference. in: 80'th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference: VTC Fall 2014.
- Patcharamaneepakorn, P, Doufexi, A & Armour, SMD 2013, Weighted sum capacity maximization using a modified leakage-based transmit filter design. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol 62., pp. 1177-1188
- Patcharamaneepakorn, P, Doufexi, A & Armour, SMD 2013, Equivalent expressions and performance analysis of SLNR precoding schemes: a generalisation to multi-antenna receivers. IEEE Communications Letters, vol 17., pp. 1196-1199
- Mellios, E, Kong, D, Webb, MW, Doufexi, A, Hilton, GS, Nix, AR & McGeehan, JP 2013, Impact of Low-Frequency Radar Interference on Digital Terrestrial Television. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol 59., pp. 84-95
- Patcharamaneepakorn, P, Armour, SMD & Doufexi, A 2013, A Modified Leakage-based Transmit Filter Design for Multi-User MIMO systems. in: IEEE PIMRC 2013, London, UK. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), pp. 912-916
- Ameen, AS, Mellios, E, Doufexi, A & Nix, AR 2013, LTE-Advanced Downlink Throughput Evaluation In The 3G And TV White Space Bands. in: 24 Th IEEE Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications International Symposium: PIMRC2013.
- Abdullah, NF, Doufexi, A & Piechocki, RJ 2013, Raptor Codes aided relaying for Vehicular Infotainment Applications. IET Communications, vol 7.
- Kong, D, Mellios, E, Hilton, GS, Doufexi, A & Nix, AR 2013, Enhancing In-home 802.11 Performance: Mesh or MIMO?. in: IEEE 78th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), pp. 1
- Almesaeed, RNF, Ameen, AS, Doufexi, A, Dahnoun, N & Nix, AR 2013, A Comparison Study of 2D and 3D ITU Channel Model. in: 6'Th IEEE Wireless Days Conference: WD2013.
Dr Doufexi currently teaches 2 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Angela Doufexi, you can edit this page. Login required.