Browse/search for people
Dr Angela Doufexi
Dr Angela Doufexi
Reader in Wireless Networks
BSc(Athens), MSc(Wales), PhD(Bristol)
Area of research
Dr Doufexi's main areas of research are vehicular communications, OFDM systems, multiuser diversity and resource allocation, wireless LANs, multiple antenna techniques and massive MIMO, multimedia transmssion, LTE, 5G communications systems and mmWave. She has published more than 160 international journal and conference papers and 2 patents. She has secured funding as principal and co-investigator in the above areas. She has been the PI in a project on vehicular communications in collaboration with JLR and CI in the autonomous vehicles VENTURER project. She is CI on the EU H2020 projects 5G-XHaul and mmMagic. She is supervising 10 PhD students and a number of students have been graduated under her supervision.
Dr Angela Doufexi is currently Reader in Wireless Networks at the University of Bristol. She graduated from the University of Athens with a B.Sc. in Physics in 1996. She received her M.Sc. in Electronic Engineering from Cardiff University in 1998, before joining the Centre for Communications Research at the University of Bristol, where she received her Ph.D. in 2002.
She has published more than 160 international journal and conference papers . She has acted as an evaluator and reviewer for European Union IST Projects on a number of occasions. She has chaired technical sessions in international conferences and has been invited to give lectures.
I am teaching 2 courses, ELectronics 3 and Communication Systems for both of which I am the unit organiser. I currently supervise 10 PhD students and 11 PhD students have successfully graduated under my supervision. I supervise 3 UG and 4 MSc students on average per year and act as a tutor to a number of UG and MSc students.
I am the Examinations Officer in the Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering. As part of the role, I arrange and check all exam papers, liaise with external examiners, chair departmental exam boards and represent the Department in Faculty exam boards.
- Vehicular communications
- 5G and mmWave
- Massive MIMO
- Opportunistic Scheduling
- TVWS networks
- wireless communications
- Al-Samman, I, Doufexi, A & Beach, M, 2016, A Proposal For Hybrid SDN C-RAN Architectures for Enhancing Control Signaling Under Mobility. in: 2016 IEEE 84th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall): Proceedings of a meeting held 18-21 September 2016, , Montreal, Canada. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Thota, J, Bulut, B, Doufexi, A, Armour, S & Nix, A, 2016, Performance Evaluation of Multicast Video Distribution using LTE-A in Vehicular Environments. in: IEEE 84th Vehicular Technology Conference: VTC2016-Fall. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), pp. 1-5
- Jones, W, Sooriyabandara, M, Yearworth, M, Doufexi, A & Wilson, E, 2016, Planning for 5G: a problem structuring approach for survival in the telecoms industry. Systems Engineering, vol 19., pp. 301-321
- Harris, P, Hasan, WB, Malkowsky, S, Vieira, J, Zhang, S, Beach, M, Liu, L, Mellios, E, Nix, A, Armour, S, Doufexi, A, Nieman, K & Kundargi, N, 2016, Serving 22 Users in Real-Time with a 128-Antenna Massive MIMO Testbed.
- Bocus, MJ, Doufexi, A & Agrafiotis, D, 2016, Performance Evaluation of Filterbank Multicarrier Systems in an Underwater Acoustic Channel. in: 2016 IEEE 27th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2016): Proceedings of a meeting held 9-12 September 2016, Valencia, Spain. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Harris, P, Zhang, S, Beach, M, Mellios, E, Nix, A, Armour, S, Doufexi, A, Nieman, K & Kundargi, N, 2016, LOS Throughput Measurements in Real-Time with a 128-Antenna Massive MIMO Testbed.
- Waters, C, Armour, S, Doufexi, A, Chin, WH & Tosato, F, 2016, MIMO Channel Dimension Estimation in Interference Channels with Antenna Disparity. in: 2016 IEEE 84th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall 2016). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Al-Juboori, G, Doufexi, A & Nix, A, 2016, System Level 5G Evaluation of GFDM Waveforms in an LTE-A Platform.
- Thota, J, Almesaeed, R, Doufexi, A, Armour, S & Nix, A, 2016, Exploiting MIMO Vertical Diversity in a 3D Vehicular Environment., pp. 1-5
- Alheid, A, Doufexi, A & Kaleshi, D, 2016, Packet Reordering Response for MPTCP under Wireless Heterogeneous Environment. in: 2016 23rd International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT 2016): Proceedings of a meeting held 16-18 May 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Dr Doufexi currently teaches 2 courses:
Edit this profile If you are Dr Angela Doufexi, you can edit this page. Login required.