Our current research focuses on:
- String algorithms
- Time and space lower bounds
- Complexity theory
- Streaming algorithms
- Randomised algorithms
- Counting complexity
- Quantum computing
- Quantum information theory
- Constraint satisfaction problems
- Algorithms for dynamic data
- Programming languages
- Algorithmic spectral graph theory
Current research grants
Currently-funded projects include:
- EPSRC fellowship awarded to Ashley Montanaro for "New insights in quantum algorithms and complexity" (Jul 2014-Jul 2019). EP/L021005/1.
- EPSRC fellowship awarded to Raphael Clifford for "Next generation pattern matching" (Jan 2013-Dec 2017). EP/J019283/1.
Previous research grants
Previously-funded pojects include:
- EPSRC grant for "Dynamic pattern matching: Faster Algorithms and New Bounds". (Jan 2012-Dec 2014). EP/J011940/1 (PI Raphaël Clifford).
- EPSRC postdoctoral fellowship awarded to Benjamin Sach for "Pattern matching algorithms for streaming data" (Mar 2011-Feb 2014). EP/H028056/1.
- EPSRC postdoctoral fellowship awarded to Ashley Montanaro for "New directions in quantum algorithms" (Oct 2009-Sep 2012). EP/G049416/1.
- EPSRC grant for "University of Bristol Bridging the Gaps Cross-Disciplinary Feasibility Account" (Oct 2009-Mar 2012). EP/H024786/1 (CI Raphaël Clifford).
- EPSRC grant for "Pattern matching algorithms for massive datasets" (Feb 2008-Aug 2011). EP/F02682X/1 (PI Raphaël Clifford).
- EPSRC grant for "Virtual Interface Centre between Mathematics, Engineering and Computer Science" (Jan 2007-Dec 2009). EP/E022685/1 (CI Raphaël Clifford).
If you have a strong background in computer science and/or mathematics, and interested in any of these research areas, please get in touch.