|Course||Total tuition fees |
(UK, EU and overseas students)
|Deposit||Can I pay in instalments?|
|International Foundation Programme (IFP) *||
|Pre-sessional for offer holders (14 weeks, Course C)||
|Pre-sessional for offer holders (10 weeks, Course A)||
|Pre-sessional for offer holders (6 weeks, Course B)||
|Pre-sessional for non offer holders (22 weeks, January start)||
January 2018: £9,500
|Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)||
The total tuition fees in the table above cover all tuition and use of study resources and multimedia facilities at the University of Bristol. The tuition fees are the same for all students: UK residents, EU residents and overseas fee-paying residents. Tuition fees are subject to increase every year. Increases are decided by the Strategic Pricing Group.
* The International Foundation Programme is a level 3 course. Students are therefore not eligible for funding from the UK Student Loans Company for the International Foundation Programme tuition fees. For more information on funding visit here.
Accommodation and living expenses are not included in the tuition fees.
All applicants who receive an offer to study at the Centre for English Language and Foundation Studies must pay a deposit to the amount shown in the table. After you have received your offer, we will email you with instructions about how to pay the deposit. We will deduct the deposit from the total tuition fee.
We will email you before the start of your course with instructions on how to pay the remaining balance of your tuition fees (the total tuition fee minus the deposit paid).
Accommodation fees for University-allocated accommodation
It is not currently possible to pay the tuition fees and accommodation fees together. Please make these payments separately.
- International Foundation Programme; academic year Pre-sessional: The Accommodation Office will email you more information accommodation fees, once you have signed a tenancy agreement and paid a deposit. Find out more about finding accommodation and paying accommodation fees
- Summer Pre-sessional courses; Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults: You will need to pay the rent for your whole stay in advance. You will be given more information about how to pay when you receive your tenancy agreement. Find out more about summer accommodation for language students
There are some additional fees you need to consider before coming to study, these can be considered under the heading of living expenses. The University has a comprehensive guide to the cost of living in Bristol. Additional course costs:
- Pre-sessional courses (academic year and summer): we do not ask you to print or buy books for your pre-sessional course study. We will provide you with printed materials and a text book. We ask you to submit all of your work online.
- International Foundation Programme:
- for your language units, CELFS will provide all of the materials you need electronically. You will access the electronic materials on your device in class. We ask you to submit all of your work online. It is therefore you choice if you want to print your materials.
- The Schools where you study your subject units will have different policies about printing, this will be explained to you in inductions when you arrive. Books from your reading list will be available to borrow from the University Libraries. However, you will have the option to purchase books if you would like to have your own copies.
The cost of printing at the University of Bristol can be seen on the Print Credits webpage.