New stand alone course for health professionals interested in CVD
Diet, Lifestyle and Cardiovascular disease unit will run in June 2008
[Posted on 30 April 2008]
For the second year we will be running the Diet, Lifestyle and the Management of Cardiovascular Disease unit on 3-5 June 2008. Cost £535.
This 3 day course, aimed primarily at dietitians with an interest in CVD, will be run in conjunction with the UK Heart Health and Thoracic Dietitians Specialist Interest Group of the British Dietetic Association. It can be used to enhance practice and demonstrate Continued Professional Development (CPD). The unit may be taken as a stand alone course or as 20 transferable credits towards a postgraduate qualification such as the MSc in Advanced Dietetic Practice. Accreditation is awarded on successful assessment of a written assignment.
Participants will review and evaluate new research and developments for the clinical and lifestyle management of CVD. Areas covered will include behaviour change theory and skills, physiology and medical management of CVD, diet, physical activity and smoking cessation.
What some of last year’s course participants said:
- “The course motivated me to go back to work and share practice and review resources. Great networking.”
- “I not only had a great time on the course but I can give myself a pat on the back for what I'm doing right. However I also learned a lot and can adjust and improve my practice.”
- “I have surprised myself at how much I am enjoying the reading I am doing.”
- “I have returned from the course enthused.”
- “I was grateful to receive such constructive comment on my assignment which will enable me to prepare better reports and essays in the future.”
- “I found the whole experience a challenge, but one from which I have definitely gained a great deal of benefit from both professionally and personally."