Environmental Management System
The University of Bristol has achieved certification to the international environmental management system (EMS) standard ISO 14001. Certification was achieved for the entire University excluding only curriculum in April 2011. The University achieved this standard by implementing BS8 555 through the IEMA ACORN scheme. This involved various sites visits, compliance checks and interviews with staff by AJA and an independent review for ISO 14001 through AJA Registrars.
ISO 14001 is an international standard that provides a framework for organisations to manage and improve their environmental performance.
The introduction of the EMS has allowed the University to identify all Environmental Aspects associated with its operations and allowed us to implement significant environmental improvements to reduce the University's impact on the environment.
Find out more about:
- Environmental Management Manual
- Baseline Review
- Environmental Policy and Strategy for Sustainability 2009-2016
- Legislation Register
- Objectives Targets and Programmes
- Structure of the EMS
- Environmental Management System Procedures
- Operational Procedures
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- System Forms
- Acorn Phase 1 certificate
- Acorn Phase 2&3 certificate
- Acorn Phase 4 certificate
- Acorn Phase 5 certificate
- ISO 14001