The University of Bristol first adopted an environmental policy in 1997 and reviews this policy every year.
This policy identifies 6 key aims with associated strategies identifying 20 objectives and 40 targets.
Key targets include:
- Energy -15% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions by 2016 from a 2007/08 baseline
- Waste - To achieve continuous year on year reduction in waste arising per FTE for all staff and students.
- Transport - Develop a framework to support staff and students travelling to the University using sustainable modes of transport. Achieve 85% (baseline 2007) and 96% (baseline 2008) respectively by 2016 for sustainable modes of transport.
- Download a copy of the current sustainability policy and strategy of the University of Bristol (PDF 88KB).
- The University published the latest version of its Carbon Management Plan in March 2013.
Update On Progress With Environmental Targets
Sustainability reports annually to the University's Estates Committee with regard to progress on Environmental Management and the University's Environmental Policy targets.
Reports and Executive Summaries:
2006 (PDF 104KB)
2007 (PDF 94KB)
2008 (PDF 440KB) (Sustainability reported as part of The Estates Report no copy available)
2009 (please see page 34 of the report)
2010 (PDF376KB) (Please see page 24)
2012 Sustainability Annual Report 2011/12 (PDF 22.3KB)
Objectives, Targets and Programmes Implementation Plans
Annual implementation plans that relate to the policy and strategy are shown in this section.
Note: some of the documents on this page are in PDF format. In order to view a PDF you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader