Information for Disabled Staff

The following links may be of interest to disabled members of staff:

Access to Work Funding

Access to Work Funding can help you if your health or disability affects the way you do your job. It gives you and your employer advice and support with extra costs which may arise because of your needs.

If you need any further advice on this process, please contact your Faculty Personnel Manager.

(Back to top)

Car Parking

Please note that the current car staff parking scheme will change in December 2015. Disabled staff can apply for a parking permit under both schemes. Please see the University's Staff Car Parking pages for details of the current and future schemes.

(Back to top)

Centre for Sport, Exercise and Health

The Centre for Sport, Exercise and Health provides a range of services and facilities, expert advice and support to help disabled staff achieve their health goals. 

(Back to top)

Teaching Space Guides

A series of key fact sheets on teaching space that also include details on accessibility.

(Back to top)

Disability Living Allowance

You can apply for Disability Living Allowance if you are aged under 65 and you have needed help with personal care or had walking difficulties because of a physical or mental disability for three months, and you are likely to need this help or have these difficulties for at least another six months.

(Back to top)

The Blue Badge Parking Scheme

The Blue Badge scheme provides a range of parking concessions for people with severe mobility problems who have difficulty using public transport. The scheme operates throughout the UK.

(Back to top)