Debate: how does Interculturalism contrast with Multiculturalism?
17 April 2012
Newly published in the Journal of Intercultural Studies.
The special issues of the Journal of Intercultural Studies includes the original contribution, four responses and a rejoinder:
- Nasar Meer & Tariq Modood: How does Interculturalism Contrast with Multiculturalism?
- Pnina Werbner: Multiculturalism from Above and Below: Analysing a Political Discourse
- Will Kymlicka: Comment on Meer and Modood
- Geoffrey Brahm Levey: Interculturalism vs. Multiculturalism: A Distinction without a Difference?
- Michel Wieviorka: Multiculturalism: A Concept to be Redefined and Certainly Not Replaced by the Extremely Vague Term of Interculturalism
- Tariq Modood & Nasar Meer: Rejoinder: Assessing the Divergences on our Readings of Interculturalism and Multiculturalism