Submit an event
We can feature events on the University event listings that are open to the public. This includes events that are in partnership with other organisations and the University, whether or not there is a charge for attendance.
We are unable to publicise these types of event via the public event listing:
- Internal-only events. Contact Internal Communications: email@example.com
- Student-only events. Contact Bristol SU: firstname.lastname@example.org and the Student-Listing page: email@example.com
- Alumni events. Contact Development and Alumni Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions when submitting an event, please contact the Events team: email@example.com
Please note, that you will be required to regster with Time.ly before being able to submit an event. Once you have entered your details, you be sent an email from Time.ly to confirm these. You will then be able to login and submit your event(s). The Events team have full control over your information and no details will be passed to any third party.
Ensure that you include the following when you complete the submission form. We are unable to publicise incomplete requests.
- Contact/organiser (which must include name, email and, or phone)*
- Booking link (if applicable).
- Description of the event
- Image. The recommended minimum image width is 720px. There should be no words in the image itself.
- When asking people to register/book via your system, include an opt-in question asking if they would like to be added to the University of Bristol public events mailing list. We would be grateful if you could then securely send that data to firstname.lastname@example.org to add to the central list.
* You will need to include an email address in both the 'Add an organiser' and 'Contact email address' sections. The 'Organiser' details will be displayed to the public once the event has been published. The 'Contact email address' will not be displayed, but will be used if a member of the Events Team needs to get in touch for any discrepancies/issues with the submission.
We reserve the right to reject submitted events if information is incomplete, inaccurate or if we have concerns that the event may have unlawful content. Please see the external speaker policy (PDF, 177KB).
With particular events it is helpful to include a brief description of the type of event, when necessary. For example, inaugural lectures:
Inaugural lectures are an opportunity for academics to share their achievements in research, innovation, engagement and teaching activities before an audience of members of the University community and the general public.
Additional publicity for your event
Any event submitted to the listing will be included on the University's Facebook event listing.
Events may also be included on the following platforms:
- University of Bristol Events team Twitter
- The monthly 'What’s On' guide
If you don't want your event to be included on any of these platforms, please let us know via email@example.com.
If you are audio recording your event and would like this to be included in the University’s SoundCloud listing, please email the MP3 recording with the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Title of the event
- Date of the event
- Brief description
- Title of the series the event is part of, if applicable, e.g Best of Bristol lectures.
- Photograph, if you have one
- Any categories/tags that you would like to include
- The file needs to be provided in one of the following formats:
AIFF, WAVE (WAV), FLAC, ALAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR, and WMA files.
The maximum file size is 5GB.
- The file must be ready to listen to – we are not able to edit clips for you. So check that it is good quality, ready to go live and has been appropriately edited to remove any silence at the beginning and end.
- Please ensure that you have edited out any sound clips that you do not have copyright for (music/ audio clips from third parties).
We will then provide you with a link to share with people/ on social media and an embed code if you would like to embed into your web pages.