The following is a list of internal systems associated with finance. These are managed and maintained within the University of Bristol. Access may be obtained by emailing email@example.com
- fEC Research Project Costing - assists in providing research costings under Full Economic Costing for sustainability.
- fEC Teaching Costing - assists in providing teaching unit costings under Full Economic Costing for sustainability.
- Business Objects - Reporting tool for Finance
- ORCA -(Online Management of Research Contracts and Applications)- this tool records all grant applications and awards, allowing users to view the data and see any outstanding actions needed to set up an award.
- BOFINS - a reporting tool to provide financial information regarding active awarded external research projects.
- TAS - the Time Allocation Survey forms part of the Transparency Review which provides information on the costs of activities carried out by Universities.
- TRS - the Online Timesheet Recording System for recording time spent working on European Commission Seventh Framework Programme (EC FP7) and UK Research Council (RCUK) grants
- Finance Services wiki - wiki page for Finance Services staff
- Rates Table - provides information on global rates applied within the UoB systems to relevant calculations. These rates are managed and maintained within the Finance Office.
- Web Finance Reporting simplified Finance Reporting tool for departmental finance staff to query departmental transactions and account balances
- Proactis - Integrated Purchasing System
These external systems/ forms are associated with finance but are primarily managed and maintained by the relevant external body or comply with external requirements.
- JeS - Research Councils encompasses a wide range of Research Councils’ interactions with institutions. Finance Office required to confirm * registered users, department listing and submit proposals as Administrative Authority.
- EAA - Retired - MRC - now moving across to JeS.
- eGap - Royal Society - as above. Finance Office submits proposals as Administrative Authority.
- eGrants - Wellcome Trust - Finance Office required to allocate HoD and submit proposals as Administrative Authority.
- eRA - National Institutes of Health
Further information regarding financial systems is also available as follows: