Before you arrive
Please read the following checklist carefully and pay particular attention to deadlines. Completion of these steps will make your registration at Bristol as smooth as possible.
- Accept your offer of study. Please check that you have accepted your offer via Hobsons (Apply Yourself) and provide evidence to satisfy any conditions of your offer (via the ‘Evidence for Conditions’ section of Hobsons, if applicable). Please note: these documents need to uploaded before you can register online.
- Pay your deposit. If you are an international self-financing Masters (e.g. MSc, MEd, MA) student please ensure you have paid the £1,000 course deposit here. Sponsored students are not required to pay a deposit but you should provide your school with evidence of your sponsorship (you will need to do this before you can register online). Please complete the Sponsorship Authorisation form and return it as soon as possible. Please note that you must do this before you will be able to register online (step 4) and therefore it is best if you can pay your deposit as soon as possible.
- Upload your photograph for your University student card (UCard). Your UCard serves as your library card, gives you access to University buildings and sports facilities and is proof that you are a registered student. In order for your card to be ready for you, you will need to upload a recent electronic photo by 10 September 2016. You will also need to have completed online registration by this date to confirm the name that you wish to appear on your card. Upload your photo here. Students on Pre-Sessional programmes do not need to upload another photo but must bring their existing UCard with them to the registration event on 19 September 2016. You will then need to visit Card Services to get a replacement card after registration.
- Register online. Online registration for new postgraduate students is open between the 31 August 2016 and 10 September 2016. Online registration for Pre-Sessional English Language Students will open on 7 September 2016 and these students will need to register online by the end of they day. Log in here using your family name, date of birth and student number. You will be guided through a series of screens and asked to confirm your programme of study and personal details. At the end of this process you should print out and keep your Certificate of Registration. If you are a Tier 4 visa holder, you should also print your Pre-registration Checklist. Please note that you will not be able to register until you have accepted an offer and met all the relevant conditions
- Arrange payment of your tuition fees. The day after you have completed online registration, you will be able to access the MyBristol portal. You should use this portal to make a payment or set up a Direct Debit payment. Sponsored students, if you have not already completed the Sponsorship Authorisation form, please do so and return it as soon as possible. You can find details of tuition fee amounts and payment methods here.
For more information on all of these areas, please see the Registration Guide for New Postgraduates.